So I got 4 more chicks...

GuloGal

Chirping
Apr 21, 2020
East Kootenays
Since all my BCMs are boys, I picked up 4 more - 2 more BCMs and 2 heritage mixes. Obviously this is a wait and see situation but curious as to what people think. The grey one has some leg fluff, but not on the feet. The brown one has 5 toes on each foot and fluffy cheeks. They came from a local lady who has a rainbow egg producing flock with BCMs and Whiting True Blues and a number of mixes so I wouldn't expect anything very rare.

Attachments

• IMG_5955.jpg
    IMG_5955.jpg
    358.5 KB · Views: 6
  • IMG_5960.JPG
    IMG_5960.JPG
    505.1 KB · Views: 4
  • IMG_5964.JPG
    IMG_5964.JPG
    469.6 KB · Views: 4
Since all my BCMs are boys, I picked up 4 more - 2 more BCMs and 2 heritage mixes. Obviously this is a wait and see situation but curious as to what people think. The grey one has some leg fluff, but not on the feet. The brown one has 5 toes on each foot and fluffy cheeks. They came from a local lady who has a rainbow egg producing flock with BCMs and Whiting True Blues and a number of mixes so I wouldn't expect anything very rare.
Too early to tell on gender

These gals are 1 month old now. I had thought the grey one (Barbara) was a blue copper marans, because the farm had a lot of black copper marans. But now I see a pea comb. The brown one (Karen) looks like an easter egger with 5 toes, clean shanks. Will be interesting to see egg colour.

I don't know anything about breeds with pea combs, but should I be concerned that its a bit pink? How does sexing work with these breeds?

Attachments

• IMG_6097.JPG
    IMG_6097.JPG
    675.8 KB · Views: 3

Back
Top Bottom