So... I got my first egg! Now what?

I can't wait for my first egg! My largest production red pullet just practiced her egg song at 16 weeks! She's very red in the face and I even saw her do a slight squat. (Though it's kinda hard to get close to her as she's the most skittish of the 5. The other 4 are as friendly as they can be!)

That's awesome!!!
wee.gif

Quote:
My girl had become a bit skittish because I stopped handling them so much. When she started following me around I thought it was strange. If I was out of her eyesight she was screaming for me(at least I think so)
smile.png

So i decided to catch her and she literally became a pass around chicken. Everyone wanted to hold her and she was really happy. Didn't resist at all which was suprising since she had not been handled in quite a while. Next day is when I got the egg.

I just hope her schedule regulates to a morning egg. This 3pm egglaying is weird!

Dora'smom :

Isn't it funny how sometimes it's everyone else who sings the eggsong? The only one not singing is the one doing all the work.
hu.gif

I thought it was hysterical once i realized what was going on. I was also suprised at how loud it was!! I only have 3 girls but WOW!!!​

Back
Top Bottom