So I never Introduced Myself.....

Discussion in 'New Member Introductions' started by byrandom, Apr 9, 2009.

1. byrandom

byrandom Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 22, 2008
    Terrell, TX
    I've been posting for a few months on BYC, however, I was a lurker for WAYYYY longer.

I am Josh. I live in Texas. I am 21. For the past 10 years I kept and bred reptiles. Recently, I moved back to my parent's farm with my girlfriend, and we have sold off 99% of our reptile collection. My father kept chickens back in the 70's whenever he was younger, and had always wanted to get more. My mother, on the other hand, was completely against it and would have no part...

So he made a compromise. She could have the Nigerian Dwarf Goats that she wanted, if he could have the chickens. So we purchased a herd of NDG's, and a small flock of RIR.

I didn't spend much time with the chickens, because I had my rabbits and a job at a Vet Clinic which kept me completely busy. In October I was offered a cushy job, doing IT for a growing Oil and Gas corporation, which allows me much more time to enjoy my animals at home.

I cut back the amount of rabbits I had, then was bitten by the "OMG I HAVE TO HAVE MORE CHICKENS!!!!!" bug. So I purchased Mille Fleur D'Uccles from Ideal, Easter Eggers from McMurray, Seramas from a local breeder, Barred Rocks from a local breeder, and American Games from a local breeder.

I also purchased two cabinet incubators and filled them both to the brim. I have BLRWs, Polish, Silkies, and a few Turkey poults currently "growing out"... And Many.. many.. many.. eggs.

So .. that's me in a nutshell.. [​IMG], be gentle!

2. michelle1017

michelle1017 Goat Mama

Aug 21, 2008
    Missouri
    [​IMG]

3. Buff Hooligans

Buff Hooligans Scrambled

Jun 11, 2007
    Quote:Yup, you're a BYC chicken nut alright! Glad you posted.

4. B. Saffles Farms

B. Saffles Farms Mr. Yappy Chickenizer

Nov 23, 2008
    Madisonville, TN
    [​IMG] from TN

5. Buckhorn Farm

Buckhorn Farm OLD Country Girl

Mar 30, 2009
    North Florida
    [​IMG] Josh.....that's my sons name as well

6. Turtle

Turtle Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 2, 2009
    Lyles,TN
    I lurked on here for a year before I finally signed up but aint it a great place to be!!! [​IMG] we are all addicts here from what I have read. I know I have the bug and LOVE IT. Welcome from TN

7. TaLani

TaLani ~ Gemini Chick ~

Oct 2, 2008
    Bryson City, NC
    [​IMG] You've got a great selection breeds Josh! A lot that you have are my favs. [​IMG] TaLani

8. jfarms

jfarms Out Of The Brooder

Apr 9, 2009
    Northeast Oklahoma
    [​IMG] Hi Josh ..I'm a newby too... nice to meet u

9. The Chicken Lady

The Chicken Lady Moderator Staff Member

Apr 21, 2008
    West Michigan
    [​IMG], Josh!

Glad to have you here! [​IMG]

10. spook

spook Chillin' With My Peeps

".........be gentle" [​IMG]

Welcome Josh, its great to hear we are only a select group, it happens to everyone! [​IMG]

We look forward to grinding you into the ground...be gentle- phuf!
    [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by