1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

So...I stopped at the feed store

Discussion in 'Raising Baby Chicks' started by Urban Chaos, Mar 4, 2011.

1. Urban Chaos

Urban Chaos Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 9, 2011
    Austin
    you know the rest. In my case, it is 2 Plymouth Rocks, 1 Buff Orpington, 1 Black Minorca and 2 Wyandottes (dont know what color they are going to be yet). I had to promise DH no more chicks - at least until next year:) Feed stores better stop carrying chicks, I mean I still have to go there for feed.

2. cheri222

cheri222 Chillin' With My Peeps

May 12, 2010
    Erie PA
    Ok don't feel bad, I hit dh when he was down. He had oral surgery today and while he's all drugged up I ask if I can go to tsc and pick up some chicks. Of course he said yes. So now we have 4slw and 4 mixed bantams. He is sober now and thinks they're so cute! Good Luck!

3. ARose4Heaven

ARose4Heaven Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 16, 2009
    Flippin, AR
    I caught my DH at a weak moment at Christmas time. He ordered them, they arrived end of January. Now I have 100+ 5 week olds. hee heee heee!

4. 10 point

10 point country boy

Feb 19, 2011
    LaFayette, NY
    Quote:seem to be a reoccuring them [​IMG]

5. luvtheladies

luvtheladies Out Of The Brooder

Feb 27, 2011
    Harrogate, TN
    You all are scaring me to death. I just bought 20 last week and I have to go to TSC tommorrow for more feed. "Dear Lord, Please let me not go by the baby chicks while I am ther. Amen."[​IMG]

6. gryeyes

gryeyes Covered in Pet Hair & Feathers

Here's a twist: tomorrow I am TAKING some of my chicks to the feed store, because they aren't carrying Cochins and one of the employees has a flock of chickens, with some black Cochins, and she would like to have some other colors. Well, I just hatched some silver laced cochin chicks.....

How's that, hmmm????

7. cheri222

cheri222 Chillin' With My Peeps

May 12, 2010
    Erie PA
    The only good thing is I bought 50lb of chick food. Now I know I won't need to go back!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by