So... I tried again

Discussion in 'Incubating & Hatching Eggs' started by ChickenladyinMN, Jul 29, 2010.

1. ChickenladyinMN

ChickenladyinMN Out Of The Brooder

Mar 20, 2008
    Isanti, MN
    So my last hatch was not very successful, well I got 1 out of 6. And I got a lot of grief from people on here about leaving the eggs too long in the incubator and telling me there was nothing inside of them, my DD and I broke them open and there were chicks we assume they suffocated. So we cleaned the incubator and turned it on and put in 6 more eggs, DD slipped another in later. So we candled the eggs and made sure they were following schedule. The 6 were due to hatch yesterday was day 21. This morning I was woke up at 6:30 to here peeping in the incubator I thought for sure there was a chick, no chick not even a crack but very loud peeping. It has been quiet for a while now but I just checked and have 2 with big pips in them. Not only do I have some in the incubator my DD let our broody banty sit on 4. This is the first time I have ever done a lockdown,the waiting is so hard.[​IMG]:pop

2. slackwater

slackwater Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 1, 2010
    SoMD
    [​IMG]

3. Braclin

Braclin KY Chicken Farmer

Jul 5, 2010
    Owingsville,KY
    Its worth the wait!![​IMG]

4. MysticScorpio82

MysticScorpio82 Chillin' With My Peeps

May 2, 2009
    Maine, USA
    [​IMG] Congratz!

5. toto65

toto65 Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 26, 2010
    Holland, VT
    Good luck, I am waiting too! [​IMG]

6. pgpoultry

pgpoultry Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 16, 2009
    Wales
    I hope all goes well for you and your hatching.
    The wait seems so long......

Sandie

7. mrslb333

mrslb333 Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 15, 2010
    Halifax, Nova Scotia
    [​IMG] Yay won't be long till you have your babies [​IMG] [​IMG] I'm so jealous I have Button quail due today and nothings happening and it's 1 more day till my Silkies and Orpingtons go on lock down [​IMG]

8. my4ladies

my4ladies Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 4, 2010
    I keep saying that the excitement/waiting is as bad as the last 3 weeks of pregnancy!!!!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by