So if you cross a silkie with a red cochin bantam

bearz

Songster
11 Years
May 20, 2008
what do the chicks look like?

My 8 yr old decided since they were HIS chickens that he wanted to put the white rooster with the red hen. Since they are his chickens I decided to let him.

Now the eggs are actually maturing and I'm wondering what kind of freaky chicken we're going to get.

We'll eat the roosters and use the hens for eggs but I'm wondering what the judge at the 4H fair would say? LOL

Don't believe I've seen a cross like that but could be turn out very nice and the if there is a pretty category to enter at the 4-h fair just might win.....

I think they might be quite pretty birds
yippiechickie.gif

I have a hen that I think is a buff cochin silkie cross. She has a top knot. THe extra toe and the cute fluffy butt of a cochin. I am getting ready to hatch some of her eggs with her black and green and purple mixed game roo. I'll post results.

I def want to see the offspring. I think i have a silkie roo too, he has nice waddles and a swollen comb but it aint crowing yet. I want to keep him as long as possible,maybe i get some whacky mixes too out of him and my millie, polish,sebright and cochin.

Here are two chicks that are black silkie x lavender bantam cochin.

IMG_2597-1.jpg

IMG_2604-1.jpg

And here is a picture of my sizzle girl, who got her frizzle from a cochin cross (way back of course)

IMG_2598.jpg

But if yours are not frizzled your babies will look similar in appearance to those at the top, but a different color of course.

Marie

Back
Top Bottom