So if you cross a silkie with a red cochin bantam

Discussion in 'Incubating & Hatching Eggs' started by bearz, Jun 24, 2008.

1. bearz

bearz Chillin' With My Peeps

May 20, 2008
    what do the chicks look like?

My 8 yr old decided since they were HIS chickens that he wanted to put the white rooster with the red hen. Since they are his chickens I decided to let him.

Now the eggs are actually maturing and I'm wondering what kind of freaky chicken we're going to get.

We'll eat the roosters and use the hens for eggs but I'm wondering what the judge at the 4H fair would say? LOL

2. Tuffoldhen

Tuffoldhen Flock Mistress

Jan 30, 2007
    WV
    Don't believe I've seen a cross like that but could be turn out very nice and the if there is a pretty category to enter at the 4-h fair just might win.....

3. amyquilt

amyquilt Serama Mama

May 17, 2008
    Amarillo, TX
    I think they might be quite pretty birds [​IMG]

4. Vamp-A-Billy Princess

Vamp-A-Billy Princess Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 13, 2008
    Indiana
    I have a hen that I think is a buff cochin silkie cross. She has a top knot. THe extra toe and the cute fluffy butt of a cochin. I am getting ready to hatch some of her eggs with her black and green and purple mixed game roo. I'll post results.

5. conny63malies

conny63malies Overrun With Chickens

Mar 22, 2008
    Annetta Kentucky
    I def want to see the offspring. I think i have a silkie roo too, he has nice waddles and a swollen comb but it aint crowing yet. I want to keep him as long as possible,maybe i get some whacky mixes too out of him and my millie, polish,sebright and cochin.

6. marie_martin

marie_martin Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 21, 2007
    Grenada, MS
    Here are two chicks that are black silkie x lavender bantam cochin.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

And here is a picture of my sizzle girl, who got her frizzle from a cochin cross (way back of course)

[​IMG]

But if yours are not frizzled your babies will look similar in appearance to those at the top, but a different color of course.

Marie

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by