So I'm relatively new...

Discussion in 'Incubating & Hatching Eggs' started by eggybritches, Sep 22, 2009.

1. eggybritches

eggybritches Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 12, 2009
    Central Florida
    I keep hearing about lockdown, and I understand what it is, but what is the benefit of it?

2. miss_jayne

miss_jayne Lady_Jayne

Jun 26, 2008
    Columbiaville, MI
    end of the incubation period. no more opening of the bator. locked down tight and upping of the humidity.

nice siamese. i have an apple head mix. sassy britches, aren't they! love them.

3. mulia24

mulia24 Chillin' With My Peeps

lesser humidity loss, lesser temp change.

hello, [​IMG]

4. eggybritches

eggybritches Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 12, 2009
    Central Florida
    So let's say I stuck a stray duck egg in the incubator with the other eggs a few days afterwards. My autoturner is going to stop turning but my lone duck is still going to need turned. Or is he? Should I just remove him and try again next time?

And thank you! [​IMG]

She's a complete lover when she's not being snooty.

5. SunshineSilkies

SunshineSilkies Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 10, 2009
    Florida
    [​IMG]

6. miss_jayne

miss_jayne Lady_Jayne

Jun 26, 2008
    Columbiaville, MI
    Quote:it'll be fine. just leave it. a few days will probably be no biggie. i am sure every duck in the universe is not able to figure out exactly how to count 25 days. [​IMG] and none of them is exactly 100* all the time.

yes, my Lapis is a lovey dovey when she isn't attacking my hand or yelling at me for accidentally touching her somewhere off limits herself. (she was a stray for a long time and had no idea about affection. so she's siamese and stray sassy!)

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by