So impatient/nervous for my duck egg to hatch, send me your cute duckling photos!

Just hatched 12 ducklings last week in the incubator. All these babies are mixed ducklings of my own flock. I candled pretty much everyday. So as long as your hands are clean and you’re gentle I’d say it’s ok. Hatch day will be here before you know it! I want to see some pictures of the lil ducklings when they hatch!
9BF1A655-D9C7-4C86-AA3F-EECA3389351A.jpeg

9B1F7BD0-1D3B-4F1C-B9D6-AEEF803BE33F.jpeg

3A86F0BB-4E4D-4944-8939-3D23AB42B880.jpeg

26FC521F-5CDD-4773-BBC1-AF9856CE553A.jpeg
7EAE404C-DF6C-4690-807C-36E7941E89B4.jpeg

Just hatched 12 ducklings last week in the incubator. All these babies are mixed ducklings of my own flock. I candled pretty much everyday. So as long as your hands are clean and you’re gentle I’d say it’s ok. Hatch day will be here before you know it! I want to see some pictures of the lil ducklings when they hatch!View attachment 2711895
View attachment 2711894
View attachment 2711893
View attachment 2711891View attachment 2711890
So cute! Today is day 18 so just 10 more days! I really hope there isn't any complications and this little egg hatches successfully. My only concern is humidity right now. Since it's so dry where I live. So hard to keep humidity consistent

Last edited:
Awe… I loved candling my incubating eggs; it’s always so fascinating. Check under your state in the BYC forums. We’re in Ponchatoula, Louisiana and don’t have any ducklings, our youngest ones are one male and one female (Cayuga-Pekin mix) and they’re 7 weeks old; we have 4 girls and a boy (Khaki Campbell-Pekin Mix), they’re 3 months old and we have our original 4, who will be one next month- Pekin-Goldie (F), Cayuga-Midnight (M), Khaki Campbell-Chocolate (M), and Mallard-Half-Pint (M). The youngest ones are Loco & Luna; the other 5: Patty (M), Clover, Lucky, Al 1 (aka. Rain) & Al 2 (aka. Storm) Al’s stand for Alert & Alarm. Lol… every morning at 6:30, Alarm & Alert squawk as loud as they can to be let out if they’re haven’t been let out already. Our house has been separated into 3 sections currently but only the two ends have pools inside the house, we have another small baby pool and the large size bath pool also outside the house.

Tomorrow is Day 23. Can someone confirm when lock down is? Is it day 25 or 26? Should I put something down inside the incubater for grip? Like a face cloth? Any other tips?

Tomorrow is Day 23. Can someone confirm when lock down is? Is it day 25 or 26? Should I put something down inside the incubater for grip? Like a face cloth? Any other tips?
Lockdown is day 25. I laid out a warm wet washcloth under my eggs when I put them into lockdown. Helps with grip, cleanup, and to keep humidity up.
Keep us updated!

Lockdown is day 25. I laid out a warm wet washcloth under my eggs when I put them into lockdown. Helps with grip, cleanup, and to keep humidity up.
Keep us updated!
Would it be okay to do it the night of day 24? since I wont have time in the morning before work on day 25. And do you put the eggs directly on warm cloth?

Billie.PNG

My husband named it "Billy" IDK if it is a boy or a girl. It is a Khaki Campbell though. I hatched it from a friend. She gave me 3 eggs, one was not fertile, and then Ma sitting chicken gave both remaining eggs dents. One egg was beyond repair, and I put nail polish on this one's egg. (day 8) I had some staggered chicken eggs hatching, and since the duck's egg had a crack, I kept in in incubator with hatching eggs to help with moisture. He hatched fine and on time, his under bill has grown longer than his upper though.

Would it be okay to do it the night of day 24? since I wont have time in the morning before work on day 25. And do you put the eggs directly on warm cloth?

I think it will be fine if they are set a little early. Others have lockdowned before a whole day early and hatch still went well. On day one did you set your eggs early in the morning or later that day? If early go early if later they should be good till after work. I had set mine 2pm day one and didn’t lockdown till 10pm on day 25 and everything still went fine for my hatch (because I also had work that day!). But if any of them have internally pipped by the night of day 24 I would lockdown immediately. Yep I put my eggs directly on the warm cloth. Just make sure the big part of the air cell (the tilted side) is pointed up when you lay them.

Back
Top Bottom