So impatient/nervous for my duck egg to hatch, send me your cute duckling photos!

My duckling hatched yesterday under her bantam mum šŸ˜ƒ

Attachments

• 20210613_175229.jpg
    20210613_175229.jpg
    372.1 KB · Views: 5
I think it will be fine if they are set a little early. Others have lockdowned before a whole day early and hatch still went well. On day one did you set your eggs early in the morning or later that day? If early go early if later they should be good till after work. I had set mine 2pm day one and didnā€™t lockdown till 10pm on day 25 and everything still went fine for my hatch (because I also had work that day!). But if any of them have internally pipped by the night of day 24 I would lockdown immediately. Yep I put my eggs directly on the warm cloth. Just make sure the big part of the air cell (the tilted side) is pointed up when you lay them.
They were actually set at 2pm lol. but only one out of the 4 eggs developed. I suspect the rest were not fertile. So I reaally hope this little one hatches with no issues. I candled this morning and the egg is quite full and I didnt see much movement.

They were actually set at 2pm lol. but only one out of the 4 eggs developed. I suspect the rest were not fertile. So I reaally hope this little one hatches with no issues. I candled this morning and the egg is quite full and I didnt see much movement.
Haha ok well if you set late like me youll be good. Hope lil one hatches!!! Some of mine didnt move very much but still hatched so try not to worry too much about that.

Haha ok well if you set late like me youll be good. Hope lil one hatches!!! Some of mine didnt move very much but still hatched so try not to worry too much about that.
I saw a tiny bit of movement today. I'm gonna put my little egg into lock down late tonight. Crossings my fingers this little one is nice and strong to hatch out <3. Day 28 is Saturday. Do they usually pip before day 28? I've read some pip as soon as day 24-25 :eek:

I saw a tiny bit of movement today. I'm gonna put my little egg into lock down late tonight. Crossings my fingers this little one is nice and strong to hatch out <3. Day 28 is Saturday. Do they usually pip before day 28? I've read some pip as soon as day 24-25 :eek:
Yeah some can be crazy early! That can be due to the incubator temperature being too high. They should externally pip 27th or 28th and then from there they may zip out that day or the next. One of mine even took three days till she was ready.

Yeah some can be crazy early! That can be due to the incubator temperature being too high. They should externally pip 27th or 28th and then from there they may zip out that day or the next. One of mine even took three days till she was ready.
Ok just put little egg into lockdown. Really hope all goes well :fl

Attachments

• PXL_20210616_014016676.jpg
    PXL_20210616_014016676.jpg
    212.7 KB · Views: 2
I'm going crazy waiting. I can't stop watching the egg. Waiting to see if it moves or something. Tomorrow is Day 26. When do they usually make the first pip?

Back
Top Bottom