So impatient/nervous for my duck egg to hatch, send me your cute duckling photos!

Thats fine but I would kick it back up. To at least 65-75%. And have it at the higher end of that when it is hatch date. Hope you get that pip soon!
Omgg so he pipped but on the wrong side :hitits like the bottom of the egg on the opposite side of air cell. Is this bad? :( I'm so worried now. Doesn't even look like he fully broke though yet either

Attachments

• IMG_0225.jpg
    IMG_0225.jpg
    347.6 KB · Views: 6
Omgg so he pipped but on the wrong side :hitits like the bottom of the egg on the opposite side of air cell. Is this bad? :( I'm so worried now. Doesn't even look like he fully broke though yet either
He can still get out! He pipped and is getting air so he will be fine he will be resting for a long time and absorbing the rest of his yolk at this time. You might need to help him out though in the end but give him time. I know with my wrong end pipper I had to help her out (looked exactly like yours) but I would say at least give him two or even three days to see if he will escape on his own. As for how the pip looks itself it looks normal. Ive had much smaller pips on my eggs and they were fine. Check back with him in a day and see how he is doing. Let me know if he makes some progress on the shell. Be sure to keep that humidity up around 75% now that he has pipped. Also make sure your vents are open so he can get air.

I was able to increase the humidity. My incubator doesnt have vents which makes me really worried. It has these 2 little holes on the bottom part but thats it... Its not the best incubator. Im currently playing duckling sounds in hopes it encourages him. This is a video I just took. I think he pierced the membrane now.
He can still get out! He pipped and is getting air so he will be fine he will be resting for a long time and absorbing the rest of his yolk at this time. You might need to help him out though in the end but give him time. I know with my wrong end pipper I had to help her out (looked exactly like yours) but I would say at least give him two or even three days to see if he will escape on his own. As for how the pip looks itself it looks normal. Ive had much smaller pips on my eggs and they were fine. Check back with him in a day and see how he is doing. Let me know if he makes some progress on the shell. Be sure to keep that humidity up around 75% now that he has pipped. Also make sure your vents are open so he can get air.

I was able to increase the humidity. My incubator doesnt have vents which makes me really worried. It has these 2 little holes on the bottom part but thats it... Its not the best incubator. Im currently playing duckling sounds in hopes it encourages him. This is a video I just took. I think he pierced the membrane now.
Great! Looks like he is making good progress! Im guessing there are no plugs on your incubator to remove? Hopefully those two holes are enough. He is the only one in there so it should hopefully be enough. Duckling sounds are a great idea and would encourage him!

Great! Looks like he is making good progress! Im guessing there are no plugs on your incubator to remove? Hopefully those two holes are enough. He is the only one in there so it should hopefully be enough. Duckling sounds are a great idea and would encourage him!
He is still going strong. Not much progress. His little bill is sticking out of the a hole in the egg. I'm at work today so this is going to be the longest day ever.... I put a little baby camera up so I can keep an eye on him. I know ducks take a while to hatch. I'm so impatient lol

My ducks were awfully precious when they were ducklings. I found it especially endearing with the two Swedish blues who were imprinted on me and would follow me everywhere.
0866A4F3-2685-4AD5-8060-F97DA8B523F4.jpeg

Attachments

• 815A45B3-3AAB-44AD-BBAE-9DA20B019527.jpeg
    815A45B3-3AAB-44AD-BBAE-9DA20B019527.jpeg
    683.9 KB · Views: 3
  • 2BF46E04-A645-464A-B99F-8115D384A529.jpeg
    2BF46E04-A645-464A-B99F-8115D384A529.jpeg
    285.9 KB · Views: 3

Back
Top Bottom