So many early quitters?

Temp, humidity and gas exhange.

However, temperature has the greatest influence in early incubation.

Makes sense. Must be too low, the lowest I've seen is it say 97 but most of the time it's 99/100. My meter doesn't go in any other increments. Maybe it's too cool under the fan. It's barely moving the air.

just don't give up, They didn't give up on my incubation issues when Iwas about ready to scream and light the evil incubator on fire for frying my hatch. a little goes along way once you already have them eggs in there

Hahaha thanks I won't! I'm just grateful to have my own eggs to use. I definitely notice a difference in hatch rate on different breeds. Not sure if that's a coincidence or not. I have a small group so I know who's is who's.

Hahaha thanks I won't! I'm just grateful to have my own eggs to use. I definitely notice a difference in hatch rate on different breeds. Not sure if that's a coincidence or not. I have a small group so I know who's is who's.
I hatch outta my own flock, would have done lost my mind trying to incubator hatch with shipped eggs, cause then you need eggs that are hatched about your same elevation or it gives you a whole different set of problems lol, one thing that can effect fertility is if they are getting close to molting, last hatch I did after all of them being 99-100 fertile was had 5/12 that were set that were fertile is all, so they start a little sooner than when you notice the feathers start falling out

I hatch outta my own flock, would have done lost my mind trying to incubator hatch with shipped eggs, cause then you need eggs that are hatched about your same elevation or it gives you a whole different set of problems lol, one thing that can effect fertility is if they are getting close to molting, last hatch I did after all of them being 99-100 fertile was had 5/12 that were set that were fertile is all, so they start a little sooner than when you notice the feathers start falling out

Wow that makes perfect sense. My EE is molting and all but one egg has quit. What about if the roo is molting? He has one pathetic tail feather left.

Wow that makes perfect sense. My EE is molting and all but one egg has quit. What about if the roo is molting? He has one pathetic tail feather left.
probably not as good of eggs but still should get some out of them , my rooster was one that started molting before the hens but eggs were already in the incubator, the ones that made it were all good and strong though did have one unusual one, 5 went into lock down and 4 hatched when I did the eggtopsy, looked good normal positioning,everything was absorbed and the veins receded but never even internally pipped was dead in shell, the 4 that did hatch were strong and healthy

probably not as good of eggs but still should get some out of them , my rooster was one that started molting before the hens but eggs were already in the incubator, the ones that made it were all good and strong though did have one unusual one, 5 went into lock down and 4 hatched when I did the eggtopsy, looked good normal positioning,everything was absorbed and the veins receded but never even internally pipped was dead in shell, the 4 that did hatch were strong and healthy

I hope the rest left are strong. We will see. After this I'm just going to leave them to molt and hope I get some great eggs in the spring. Really looking forward from eggs from 2 pullets I kept to get blues and lavenders. Thanks for all your help!

Back
Top Bottom