So many flies!!

outdoorfunblond

In the Brooder
May 7, 2015
South Texas
Hello everyone.
I am new at this owning fowl thing, and am concerned about the flies.
Of course... chicken crumbles attract flies... poop attracts flies... and the general mess my young geese create attracts flies.
So, is there an effective way of reducing the flies??
I know flies are nasty disease carrying bugs, and am worried about how the fly population in and around the coop / run might affect my small mixed flock...

Any hints??
Thanks for your input...
I have lots to learn, so I will be all over this site looking for y'alls help.
Thanks again!

[COLOR=800080]Hello everyone.[/COLOR]
[COLOR=800080]I am new at this owning fowl thing, and am concerned about the flies.[/COLOR]
[COLOR=800080]Of course... chicken crumbles attract flies... poop attracts flies... and the general mess my young geese create attracts flies.[/COLOR]
[COLOR=800080]So, is there an effective way of reducing the flies??[/COLOR]
[COLOR=800080]I know flies are nasty disease carrying bugs, and am worried about how the fly population in and around the coop / run might affect my small mixed flock...[/COLOR]
[COLOR=800080]Any hints??[/COLOR]
[COLOR=800080]Thanks for your input...[/COLOR]
[COLOR=800080]I have lots to learn, so I will be all over this site looking for y'alls help.[/COLOR]
[COLOR=800080]Thanks again![/COLOR]
Golden Malrin used as directed and with caution works great. Fly predators help too and are fairly cheap. Muscovies are fantastic fly eaters. You can find fly traps of all kinds at stores. Mint and basil are supposed to be natural fly deterring plants. Lots and lots of options but really depends on your preferences and probably how bad flies get where you are.

I'm following as well. We have so many flies!! I've hung several fly traps in the run, and have caught SO MANY of them but there's still a lot buzzing around!

Back
Top Bottom