So many happily married signature lines :)

Discussion in 'Random Ramblings' started by robbdebbie, Sep 7, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. robbdebbie

robbdebbie Professional Chicken Bather

Jun 18, 2009
    Madisonville, LA
    I have noticed lately how there are a lot of "the greatest wife in the world" "wife to the most wonderful husband" "and a wife most would only dream about" signature line on here. Am I the only one who wonders about all this marital bliss?

To those of you who have this signature lines:

What is it about your spouse that makes you want to yell from the rooftops about how great they are?

What do you do in your marriage to keep it so great?

What is your best piece of marital advice?

I can say without a shadow of doubt that my dh would never think to write any of that, nor has it crossed my mind either [​IMG]

2. preppy*hippie*chick

preppy*hippie*chick Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 8, 2009
    Centerburg, Ohio
    I'd like to know too since I got engaged since last posting here!

3. ZepChick

ZepChick Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 27, 2008
    coos bay OR
    haha! I just realized I have mentioned everyone in the world in mine, but forgot my husband, oops. Looking forward to some of your responses.

4. sonew123

sonew123 Poultry Snuggie

Mar 16, 2009
    onchiota NY
    Quote:We are so nice about the spouses because they see these posts Im sure and it makes it easier for them having us as such chicken BYC addicts when we say so many nice things about them:) "DH I love you so much--why thank you hunny-go get yourself another chicken-"ok:) seeeeeee??? as ten more are in the coop as we speak!

Last edited: Sep 7, 2009
  5. Chicks & Turks

Chicks & Turks Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 6, 2009
    Fayetteville, NC
    I think everyone on here knows how good they have it. They hear of how things happen to others family, and treasure theirs. Also, hubby needs to be sweetened up before you break the plans for that new coop to him.

6. Renee

Renee Chillin' With My Peeps

May 7, 2008
    CALIFORNIA
    My secret to a happy marriage?

Marry after forty.
    Marry someone who's brilliant and funny.

Put him and his needs first. Remember that all he wants to do is to make me happy. Remember to tell him how happy he makes me. Remember to show him (ahem) how happy he makes me.

Renee, married for nine years to the most wonderful man on the earth. My new tag line.

Last edited: Sep 7, 2009
  7. Mahonri

Mahonri Urban Desert Chicken Enthusiast Premium Member

May 14, 2008
    North Phoenix
    My Coop
    Let's all be honest. It's not always all bliss.

I'm just extremely happy that I have a wife that tolerates me.

She is gorgeous, she is beautiful in every way, she is smart, she is articulate, she thinks well on her feet.
    She is a great mom to my 7 children.

I'm the luckiest man alive.

8. ZepChick

ZepChick Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 27, 2008
    coos bay OR
    Mahonri that is sweet

9. Msbear

Msbear Fancy Banties

May 8, 2008
    Sharpsburg, MD.
    When it's freezing outside and I do not want to go out, he goes out everyday and breaks frozen waterers, collects eggs and feeds. He cleans all my coops so I don't have to but the greatest thing is when I spontaneously decide I would like another coop to freerange, he will rodeo the other crew back up so my roos don't fight [​IMG]

And he even helped me on my several failed attempts to collect from my rooster so I could AI my hens.

What a man!!! [​IMG]

It's not that I cannot do these things by myself.. as I am very capable. He just enjoys doing things for me as I enjoy doing things for him. After years of growing up with a father that never cared to bring a smile to my mother's face, I totally appreciate ALL of his efforts every single day. [​IMG]

A man isn't measured by the wealth he brings to his family but by the love he brings to his family.

10. robbdebbie

robbdebbie Professional Chicken Bather

Jun 18, 2009
    Madisonville, LA
    All of these things are so wonderful...

I will admit at first I was a little like-so sweet it is nauseating, but then I guess I just realized I was a little jealous [​IMG]

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by