So much feed wasted!

That looks great.
what is tha. I see on the back of the post?
Do your chickens take turns and eat one at a time? Do you rnd up with seome always in the bottom below the Y?
Thanks, I really think I will copy this myself.
My birds free range in season, but we have long winter coming up here soon and theyll need a feeder.

Last edited:
That looks great.
what is tha. I see on the back of the post?
Do your chickens take turns and eat one at a time? Do you rnd up with seome always in the bottom below the Y?
Thanks, I really think I will copy this myself.
My birds free range in season, but we have long winter coming up here soon and theyll need a feeder.
That is a spacer, I had the feeder on the other side but it was getting wet from the prevailing wind blowing the rain in. You need a spacer in order to get the lid on and off.

They do take turns a few can eat at the same time. At first as with anything chicken it was a bit of a cluster. However they have food all day to eat so they just eat when they feel like it.

Yes there is some always left but it is plugged up high so that there is not much left. I have not had any mold problems and they have been up for months.

Another important part is the lip where they eat I added that after as they would shake there head and fling food everywhere before I added it!
OMG! I hope you don't mind if I steal that idea for the feeder. That is absolutely brilliant!!!
Don't mind at all! PM if you have build questions.

here you go!

Very little on the ground.

I used three inch PVC to construct the feeder and a piece of 5 gallon bucket for the baffle.
The cap pops off to fill it.
You should copywrite this and start selling them lol - really good idea

Back
Top Bottom