So, my husband got stain for the exterior of my coop last night, and..

Discussion in 'Coop & Run - Design, Construction, & Maintenance' started by Orchid, May 20, 2010.

1. Orchid

Orchid Songster

May 10, 2010
    North Central MN
    it's going to be PINK! [​IMG] I wanted to do it red with white trim to match the horses' run-in...well, apparently the red stain just wouldn't mix up correctly and kept turning out brown, so he chose a different color. Dogwood. And when she dried a sample on a paint stick, oh yeah, it's PINK. He says pink is better than brown. [​IMG]

Guess I won't be locating the coop anywhere near the run-in!

2. LarryPQ

LarryPQ Easter Hatch!!

Jul 17, 2009
    It will be lovely. [​IMG]

3. bethandjoeync

bethandjoeync Songster

Mar 21, 2009
    Iron Station, NC
    you must post a picture of your pink coop when you finish! lol that would be a site to see. I hope to paint ours barn red, when we refinish it....will make a note....do not choose dogwood as a color lol

4. Buff Hooligans

Buff Hooligans Scrambled

Jun 11, 2007
    It will be .... interesting....

5. Orchid

Orchid Songster

May 10, 2010
    North Central MN
    Quote:Won't it just, though? [​IMG]

bethandjoey, I will be sure to post a picture. [​IMG]

6. columbiacritter

columbiacritter Songster

Jun 7, 2008
    Scappoose Oregon
    My clearance shelf paint that was supposed to be Redwood brown turned out to be dark purple! Unfortunately it didn't show until it really dry and by then I was almost done with the whole coop. I took a painted board back to the paint store and the guy laughed so hard tears were streaming down his face. I couldn't complain to much since it was only $5 for a gallon, but I had to show him. It's still purple.

7. I have been kicking the idea around of painting my coop pink and white. Our house siding is sort of an Arizona tan, looks tan but in the sun it has a pinkish hue to it . . .and I love pink. I saw one somewhere on here or another site and it was cute as a bug's ear!!!

8. huckleberryfarm

huckleberryfarm Chickenista

Jan 7, 2010
    Greenwood, SC
    I think a pink coop is perfect! My daughter concurs. Do you have Silkies? They deserve a pink coop![​IMG]

9. sparkles2307

sparkles2307 Terd of Hurtles

My mom LOVED cranberry pink so our kitchen was that color, the barn, and the doghouse.

10. Msbear

Msbear Fancy Banties

May 8, 2008
    Sharpsburg, MD.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Pink can be cute. This one is like a petal pink... it's what the customer chose but, I really like it. We painted up others a similar shade and everyone loves them... the first pic I enhanced and doesn't show the true color.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by: