So, my husband got stain for the exterior of my coop last night, and..

Orchid

Songster
9 Years
May 10, 2010
North Central MN
it's going to be PINK!
lau.gif
I wanted to do it red with white trim to match the horses' run-in...well, apparently the red stain just wouldn't mix up correctly and kept turning out brown, so he chose a different color. Dogwood. And when she dried a sample on a paint stick, oh yeah, it's PINK. He says pink is better than brown.
hu.gif

Guess I won't be locating the coop anywhere near the run-in!

you must post a picture of your pink coop when you finish! lol that would be a site to see. I hope to paint ours barn red, when we refinish it....will make a note....do not choose dogwood as a color lol

My clearance shelf paint that was supposed to be Redwood brown turned out to be dark purple! Unfortunately it didn't show until it really dry and by then I was almost done with the whole coop. I took a painted board back to the paint store and the guy laughed so hard tears were streaming down his face. I couldn't complain to much since it was only $5 for a gallon, but I had to show him. It's still purple.

I have been kicking the idea around of painting my coop pink and white. Our house siding is sort of an Arizona tan, looks tan but in the sun it has a pinkish hue to it . . .and I love pink. I saw one somewhere on here or another site and it was cute as a bug's ear!!!

DSC_0131.jpg

DSC_0132-1.jpg

DSC_0137.jpg

Pink can be cute. This one is like a petal pink... it's what the customer chose but, I really like it. We painted up others a similar shade and everyone loves them... the first pic I enhanced and doesn't show the true color.

Back
Top Bottom