So... nonstop quail crowing from 4:30 to 6:30 AM??!

Quote:
My dad loved it too, until it got to be every morning around 4 or 5 am!! But they were in the spare bedroom
big_smile.png

lau.gif
yeah that'd be bad! if taht was here i'd wake up to hubby murdering them
lau.gif

It's not called 'murdering', we call it 'processing'
tongue.png
lau.gif

Well last night I didn't cover their cages with a towel like I had been doing (there's a streetlight that shines right into them) and there was no excessive crowing. Maybe it was just coincidence but I'm crossing my fingers that he figured out that it's better to crow less!!! (you know, you don't want the ladies to get sick of your impressive voice...)

I had some extra males I planned on keeping for future breedings but they got too noisy.
roll.png
I was out of room in the freezer so my dog enjoyed them. I can wait until I order more eggs this fall. I like the call the buttons make but my coturnix sounded like a cross between a frog and a rooster. Now I only have one male in my pen of a dozen females. Those guys are just waiting for freezer space. I didn't really like any of this batch.

Punishment for noise does not work on birds. I've discussed why on other threads.

The crowing is a beautiful sound, but you wouldn't want to listen to your favorite song on repeat for two hours straight with no break at 4:30 AM.
wink.png

If I get tired of hearing them I can put up to about 15 acres between us but my neighbor might not like it. They would unly be about 50 ft from him. I could go to the other side it would only be about 600 ft but it would be 50 ft from my other neighbor & I don't like him.

Quote:
collect a bunch of eggs from hius hens and then eat if he does not stop or you dont get used to it.

I used to have a rooster that crowed all night in my basement right below my bedroom, strangly it did not bother me or my ds lol but bothered others
lol.png

Yeah, I'd definitely collect eggs first. I'm not too worried about the noise for myself. I know I'd get used to it, but I'm in a residential neighborhood and I don't want to upset my good neighbors. I doubt they even notice because the birds are on the opposite side of our house from them, but at 4:30 when everything else is completely silent, I'm sure they hear them which is completely fine if it's just every now and then, I just don't want the nonstop action.

I am so envious of you all with property. I'd be thrilled with even 1/2 an acre.
tongue.png

Back
Top Bottom