So now that they've hatched..

NonnasBabies

Muddy Acre Farms
12 Years
Sep 20, 2009
Pride, La.
Does anyone have a clue what I've got?? I know the pics aren't the best but geez these little suckers are either fast as lightening or so huddled up you can't get a good pic!!

Thanks for your help!

Last edited:
I need a bigger pic, a close up to tell for sure... but I think I see 3 Pearl Greys, 2 Browns, 3 Buff Dundottes (possibly 2 Hens and a male), 1 Lite Blue and 1 Porcelain. If you can post a bigger pic I'll label them all so you know who is what, if you'd like. Cute batch, will be a very pretty flock, congrats!

I need a bigger pic, a close up to tell for sure... but I think I see 3 Pearl Greys, 2 Browns, 3 Buff Dundottes (possibly 2 Hens and a male), 1 Lite Blue and 1 Porcelain. If you can post a bigger pic I'll label them all so you know who is what, if you'd like. Cute batch, will be a very pretty flock, congrats!
Thank you so much!! Let me go out there and see what I can get!!

Hmm, now I see 3 Brown keets and I'm not so sure about seeing a Porcelain keet... in the first pic the center head stripe and the stripe of color down it's back looked like a light grey color, now it looks kind of tan, so that keet may be a lighter colored Buff Dundotte (possibly male). When the wing feathers start coming in look at the shafts under it's wing, if they are grey/blue tinted at all it'll be a Porcelain, if they are cream or white it will be a Buff Dundotte. The Brown keet on the far left is darker, so it may be a Hen. I hope you can post more pics of this batch as they grow, I'd love to see how they feather out!

Hmm, now I see 3 Brown keets and I'm not so sure about seeing a Porcelain keet... in the first pic the center head stripe and the stripe of color down it's back looked like a light grey color, now it looks kind of tan, so that keet may be a lighter colored Buff Dundotte (possibly male). When the wing feathers start coming in look at the shafts under it's wing, if they are grey/blue tinted at all it'll be a Porcelain, if they are cream or white it will be a Buff Dundotte. The Brown keet on the far left is darker, so it may be a Hen. I hope you can post more pics of this batch as they grow, I'd love to see how they feather out!

Thank you so much for your help!! I'll keep taking pics as they grow!!
thumbsup.gif

Thanks so much!!
big_smile.png
I really appreciate PeepsCA taking the time to tell me what colors they are!!
thumbsup.gif
And am so looking forward to them growing up!! This is my first Guineas!!

Back
Top Bottom