So one..and possibly two of my "pullets" turned out to be roosters. What do i do? :\

undine

Chirping
6 Years
Jun 3, 2013
Los Angeles
I really want to give them a new home where I KNOW that they wont be dinner for someone. If i would to give it to someone and have them eat the roosters... might as well slaughter them myself right? =\ but the thing is lol i wouldnt wanna slaughter them. They were supposed to be my pets, and it sucks that they turned out to be roosters. The very noticeable rooster is my white easter egger, and he just started to prematurely crow at 9 weeks. Hes a VERY gentle rooster. Though he is a bit timid, when you go up to hold to him, he makes little chuckle noises and lets you hold him without struggle. AHHH what to do :'( im sad that cities dont allow roosters.. Two of my neighbors know that im keeping chickens as pets because ive told them lol and the first thing they asked were "are they going to be noisy?"

Last edited:
I came to the forum today to research the same problem! Two of my six "pullet" chicks turned out to be roosters. They are not fighting (yet) although they are not truly mature yet. What to do is a great question, and I am hoping for some suggestions other than the soup pot!

I came to the forum today to research the same problem! Two of my six "pullet" chicks turned out to be roosters. They are not fighting (yet) although they are not truly mature yet. What to do is a great question, and I am hoping for some suggestions other than the soup pot!

LOL nice =D feel free to post whatever you find out in heres ;)

Back
Top Bottom