So....talk about.....CANCER SUPPORT THREAD !!

Happy Thanksgiving to everyone here. Sending warm wishes for health, peace, and joy.
smile.png
JJ

Hey ya'll! Hope everybody had a good Thanksgiving. I was a bum, Lurchie had to work, but then again, I'm not eating/cooking big meals. New chemo is kicking my butt. I was good for the first day but then the fevers started. When I get a high fever you never know what I am going to do. This time I was talking to people who weren't really there. Then I would get mad at them for not answering me, lol. The worst part is Im really tired. I think I've become Narcoleptic (sp?) I'll be setting here having a conversation and extreeme tiredness will sweep over me, I have to fight not to just fall over and sleep. Oh well, guess I can deal with being nappy.

Things are still up in the air with the house. My lawyers are pretty sure they have a case against Wells Fargo, but we won't know anything for sure until Jan. 3rd.

My lawyers family is incredible. His sister was going to make Thanksgiving dinner for us but beings I haven't been eating much she didn't but she did however run a little fundraiser at her business and got us a lot of gift cards for groceries and Walmart. She and her daughter, who manages her business, are going to take care of the Christmas Wish List of our Gretta's Wish kids!!!! They are also going to help collect pet and people food for us!!!!

I am truely Blessed!

thank you for keeping us filled in. I was hoping this would not exhaust you, but hopefully it is totally beating up the cancer.
I am glad that you have local friends on your side. I wish I was closer, I could clean your windows or rake the leaves.
I tell you what, as long as you are talking to people who are not there, when you have a conversation with them just ask yes/ no questions so that they can nod 'yes' or shake their head 'no'. It might be less frustrating. My all your fever induced hallucinations be happy ones!
thumbsup.gif

Well girly (CM) if you are going to talk to imaginary people at least make it someone worth looking at.....tan and handsome pool boy maybe? ;) I hope you are feeling better by now. How long do you have between treatments? And I haven't heard anything about those wonderful doggies of yours for a while. How are they doing?

We want you to try to eat though Cindy. Gotta give your little army some fuel. No worries on the narcolepsy thing. My uncle was that way and I found him tons of fun. Never knew when he would just nod off. It was generally in the middle of a sentence though. it was a challenge to try to get a whole conversation in as fast as possible for he dropped off again. Now go eat something with some butter.

Hey ya'll. I'm doing much better. I think talking to the people who weren't there was because of a fever. I've been known to wander and do strange things when I have a high fever. I've been found filling bird feeders at 2am in a t-shirt and socks in 23* temps! In my defense, I saw them there when I talked to them. When I turned back they were gone! Dang sneaky of them don't you think??!! LOL

I'm eating, just not a lot. I just have no appitite. Lurchie has made me several flavors of REAL pudding!! The kind that you have to cook!! He made me a very nice steak dinner the other day that I did eat. Food just doesn't have any taste. Must be drown in salsa, ketchup, or vinegar. I have learned that I have to eat before I and take my afternoon meds because they don't stay down it I don't.

I have my treatments every 3 weeks, just like I did with Herceptin. Once I get strong again, it's time for another go round.

I've been working on quilts for members of my family. I want to have one made for everybody, "just in case" I'm not there for their weddings or high school graduation.

Mom and Pop's 60th Anniversary

For my nephew, Aaron

For my neice, Meredith

For my nephew, Paul

I've got some nice folks from over at quiltinboard.com that are helping me get them done. I make the tops and they do the quilting for me. Wonderful people!!

What is everyone up to?

Last edited:
Cindi, I've read testimonials from a bunch of people going through cancer treatments - they swear by Orgain nutritional shakes as being the one thing that 'agreed' with them, available at best sale yet through end of November at Rite Aid stores. Still not cheap, but a powerhouse of nutrition. Shakes come in chocolate, vanilla and some kind of mocha, more flavors pending. I've been wondering if these drinks might agree with you.... I bought a bunch to try to get my dad to take them but he wouldn't (his dopey doctor has him scared of anything sensible) so I drank them all and they were good - the chocolate, anyway....just a thought.....
hugs.gif
jj

p.s. They have a Facebook page if you want to read some more about the product....I'll message it to you there in case not advisable to post here as my intent is not to do advertising for products...

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom