So ticked off right now

Discussion in 'Random Ramblings' started by PineBurrowPeeps, Feb 5, 2009.

1. that I think I could spit FIRE!

4 days ago I called my mother, who I don't have the best relationship with and have had to do alot of parenting to her over the years, to ask if she would come to my house today at 4pm to watch her grandkids for one hour while I have a very important meeting with my most important customer who is a personal chef and is writing me a $300 check today for her garden plot membership for the year AND a deposit for $500 worth of Meat Chickens she is buying from me later in the year and a Christmas Goose.
    So total, she is giving me a $500 check today. Not to mention buying 3 dozen eggs from me and a fresh baked apple pie.
    Can we say IMPORTANT that I not have distrations while I talk to this woman and her gardening partner?
    So I call her on Monday and ask her if she can keep an eye on them while I talk to her about the garden plot, future orders, etc. She says "No problem" that as long as she's done by 7pm because she has a meeting at her apartment complex, all is good. I only need her for an hour tops from 4pm to 5pm.
    I have been trying to get in touch with her all morning, started calling at 9am to confirm with her and touch base because you need to do that with her sometimes. Nothing. I get the machine every time. It's 12:30 now.
    I am now scrambling to find a baby sitter to come out with 3 1/2 hours to go till the meeting. Talk about short notice.
    My kids aren't horrible by any stretch of the imagination but they are very talkative and inquisitive and will talk the ears off of anyone who comes to visit. I just need someone to keep them in the living room with a movie/books/coloring/school papers until I'm done.
    Gosh I just want to scream right now!!!
    [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

2. Buster

Buster Back to Work

[​IMG] That would be really frustrating to me too. I hope you are able to find a sitter.

3. jab91864

jab91864 Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 3, 2007
    Northern Michigan
    I am sorry, and know that you are really stressed by this.... I would be definitely. [​IMG]

Is it at all possible that something happened to mom that she can't answer the phone ??

Best of luck and hope you find a sitter and the meeting goes well for you !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

4. debilorrah

debilorrah The Great Guru of Yap Premium Member

Oh dear. I will keep you in my prayers!

5. I mean I guess there is a possibility that something happened to her, but sadly, she's done things like this in the past, with either being extremely late to arrive places, or canceling, etc. I just wish she would have said she couldn't do it, instead of blowing me off!
    She usually doesn't do things like this when her grandkids are involved though, she knows I won't tolerate her lying to them.

6. Rhett&SarahsMom

Rhett&SarahsMom Chillin' With My Peeps

May 8, 2008
    that sounds SO familiar. My MIL does that. Then wonders why we dont ask her to watch the kid.
    I feel for you.

7. Beau coop

Beau coop Chillin' With My Peeps

May 19, 2008
    WNY
    [​IMG] I hope you find a sitter!

That meeting sounds awesome! Good luck!!!

8. key west chick

key west chick Chillin' With My Peeps

May 31, 2008
    Gainesville, GA
    So sorry. My MIL is like that too. She was watching our son once( the favorite grandchild) and forgot to pick our daughter up from school. I went to get both of them from her house and said, "Wheres Amanda"? She said she and son were playing and having so much fun she "forgot". My DD had waited 2 hours outside her school. They won't let kids back inside after a certain time so she had no way of calling. I was ticked! We got her a cell phone after that. And MIL doesn't get asked to do squat anymore.

9. B. Saffles Farms

B. Saffles Farms Mr. Yappy Chickenizer

Nov 23, 2008
    Madisonville, TN
    I know how you feel, my DW mother is the same way. Shes is 110% self centered, Im so glad she lives 700 miles awya from us and DW doesnt have anything to do with her. [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by