So we have now had three successful hatchings and now I have a complication

trying

Hatching
5 Years
Jun 11, 2014
we have three live babies, one hatched and died yesterday (after and hour or so she just did not seem right, her head remained tucked during the hatching and her wings were out now i realize she was presenting wrong but, i am so scared to help). Last night number 5 pipped. Everything appeared normal but, this morning nothing had changed. I could hear a clicking sound (not the chick pecking) and realized the membrane was stuck just over her nostrils and each time she would breath it produces this clicking sound . I removed it and she began cheeping very softly all day. I removed some of the shell and she appears to be ok but making very little progress. There was no blood (i left the membrane covering her intact and most of her shell). I feel like a new mom and waiting is very hard. Now another has pipped and there should be more coming right after so how long do i wait to help her more? I hesitate to help at all now because I do not want to mess up the humidity in the incubator which i am trying to keep pretty high to keep her from drying out. Uggh this is a lot more stressful then I realized it would be!!! Now i feel like the crazy chicken lady!!!

Back
Top Bottom