So we moved them to the coop...

somissemilyy

Songster
9 Years
Jun 5, 2010
Coldwater, MS
They finally graduated to the big coop, but with chicken wire across the middle to separate the big chickens from the chicks. Chicks still have their box & lamp. We moved the chicks down there because they wanted to start sitting on the edges of the box while we had them in the garage, and we just moved them. So if now they want to jump they will be landing on the pine shavings and not a slick cold garage floor.
When can I take their box & lamp away? Also when would be a good time to let them roam outside in like a little pen if I build one? The weather here in MS has really been nice lately.
The most important question.. When can I remove the separater of the chicken wire and let them with the 3 big chickens (just hens)? Will the big chickens be mean to the 16 chicks? I just know that the little chickies are going to grow up fast! Already growing tail and wing feathers and love flying everywhere! They are about 1 1/2, 2 weeks Wednesday.

Thanks!
wee.gif

Last edited:
Did you say cedar shavings? The oils are too pungent for chicks..could cause serious respiratory issues...may want to switch to pine or aspen. Just a thought.
smile.png

Back
Top Bottom