So what breed eggs do these look like to you?

kelseygirl707

Dances with Chickens
10 Years
Mar 3, 2009
Lakeport, Ca.
So on Sunday I picked up my first batch oh hatching eggs, and the lady told me what breeds they were, but by the time I got home I had forgotten, and she hasn't answered my email asking her again. I know the light brown and white ones will be impossible to determine in a photo, but as for the really dark ones with speckles, I remember she told me these chickens are really popular right now because of their very dark brown egg color, are they Walsummer? Also I know she mentioned giving me a Cuckoo Muran egg, but I thought she said it was the smaller white egg of the three, but I've read that their eggs are brown? Do you think the 12 light brown she gave me are the Cuckoo Murans, and I just misunderstood which egg she was refering to?

24137_img_3708.jpg

Any help is much appriciated!
bow.gif

You have two cuckoo marans eggs: they are the really dark ones at the bottom. Yep, they're popular right now (I have one and am hoping to hatch some black copper marans eggs shortly.).

Good luck with your eggs!
thumbsup.gif

Oh... did she say that she gave you both Welsummers and Marans? Because if she did, those eggs could belong to either. They look more like Marans to me.... Anyway, I'm not an authority.... Best of luck!

Quote:
No, she actually mentioned Cuckoo Murans, but for some reason I thought she was talking about the tiny white one, so I thought that maybe the big dark ones could me Walsummer, but now that I'm looking at an Egg chart, I see she was Talking about those Really dark ones being the Cuckoo Murans.

Thank you for clearing it up for me!

Hi there Four Acorns! Yep, Living in Chico right now while my Husband is going to School (Spent 8 years as a plumber, then decided he wanted more, now he's studying to be a civil engineer!), but originally from Santa Rosa. I get to Visit home this weekend, I'm so excited! Chico Sucks Compared to the Bay Area!

Breath some fresh bay area air for me, I miss it!
wee.gif

Last edited:
We've heard it's good, we'll have to try it! We lived in Angwin for a while, when my Hubby was going to PUC, and my Husband worked at St. Helena Hospital. Have you guys had much snow this year?

Back
Top Bottom