so what r u tryin to say? I have a polish roo?

Discussion in 'What Breed Or Gender is This?' started by maplesky7, Oct 26, 2008.

1. maplesky7

maplesky7 Flock Mistress

Jun 14, 2008
    N. IL.
    It's my first polish. It was thrown in.

I got my batch on May 11th.

I can't do pics, I don't have the capability.

From looking....my silver laced polish has a messy do and a long tail feather. I just noticed a unihorn.

so are you saying horns are males?

The wattles are just starting to show and are insignificant. The other place that should have a horn is perhaps showing a small bump but pp doesn't hold still long enough for me to get a good look.

Too many chickens to notice who lays what and where but I have 6 (3 yr?) old br, 2 red star, 2 delaware, 2 black aust., 2 silver lc. wynd. and some of the eggs are so blasted tiny. I wish I had a cam in there to see who's doing what.

so is my uni-bird a roo?

5 roos as well...so who knows about crowing?

pp is shy.

me,
    g

2. dacjohns

dacjohns People Cracker Upper

I wish I could help but I really don't know much about Polish. An image search didn't help me much either.

3. reallemons1

reallemons1 Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 31, 2008
    Gloucester, VA
    I don't know if it will help, but here is my Black Frizzle hen, Silver Laced Polish roo and hen so you can compare yours.
    [​IMG]

4. Teresaann24

Teresaann24 Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 29, 2008
    Eastern, Kentucky
    Quote:beautiful chickens!

5. maplesky7

maplesky7 Flock Mistress

Jun 14, 2008
    N. IL.
    hmmm...I think I got me a roo. He's such a shy boy.

Funny trying to decipher the pic at first...I was putting roo's tail on the hen and putting the frizzle as roo's fuzzy bum and I was like, that's really wierd....

but now I see....that's the 3rd chicken. ha ha.

My roo doesn't have so much yellow lace around his neck but he doesn't have nice tidy feathers like that little hen either.

I think the other things are just starting to show. I just figured since I've known for a number of weeks what the other chickens gender was...that I must have a female....since I had no idea about polish. but now with the tail, the doo, the horn, the wattles are starting to show....I'm pretty certain pp's a boy.

so what was that other roo trying to do with him the other week?! oh the horror!

me,
    g

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by