So who is the most friendly breed?

You can sort of see her here half cut out though

Attachments

• 4F3846B6-A146-4DF3-9477-D050DACE8019.jpeg
    4F3846B6-A146-4DF3-9477-D050DACE8019.jpeg
    538.3 KB · Views: 8
You can only have a friendly chicken if you make it friendly.

This is so true. Any chicken of any breed can become friendly with a certain upbringing, just as any chicken of any breed can become skittish or defensive. Hamburgs are apparently a flighty and skittish breed, yet my hamburg pullet follows me around and flies into my bedroom window to see me. Silkies are apparently a cuddly breed, yet my silkie hen is so unfriendly she pecks and runs away if I dare to try to touch her!

You can only have a friendly chicken if you make it friendly.

This is so true. Any chicken of any breed can become friendly with a certain upbringing, just as any chicken of any breed can become skittish or defensive. Hamburgs are apparently a flighty and skittish breed, yet my hamburg pullet follows me around and flies into my bedroom window to see me. Silkies are apparently a cuddly breed, yet my silkie hen is so unfriendly she pecks and runs away if I dare to try to touch her!

I've raised a lot with attention, my ameraucanas were docile some very friendly. Some bantams ameraucanas were very docile and tame some were wild and they were all raised the same way, but silkies have always been the best as far as docile and friendliness goes. I think its because they cant see Im a human lol.

Back
Top Bottom