So, who wants to see what I stayed up until 4:30 am cooking?

Discussion in 'Egg, Chicken, & Other Favorite Recipes' started by Maidservant, Apr 3, 2009.

1. Maidservant

Maidservant Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 20, 2008
    Norwich, Norfolk, UK
    My fiance is going to our LARP event this weekend, and they are having a feast where each person brings something to eat. I had an extra leg of lamb in the freezer that I needed to cook, so I did!

I sliced just through the fat layer and slivered some garlic to lay in the cuts. Then I put it into one of the roasting bags (I can't remember who makes them), poured a little lemon juice over it, sprinkled dry rosemary and ground black pepper over it, added just a hint of salt and roasted it at 400 degrees F for two hours. Checked the internal temp with a meat thermometer and it came out perfect! When I'm cooking lamb I try to aim for 170 degrees F as an internal temp. This was a bone in leg of lamb.

Here's a photo of it, I couldn't resist showing it off! And yes, shortly after this photo was taken, I took one of the ends off and proceded to enjoy my hard work!

[​IMG]

Enjoy!
    Emily in NC

PS - I only paid about $8 for this 6 lb hunk of wonderful meat!

2. ravencreek

ravencreek Chillin' With My Peeps

Nov 10, 2008
    Benton TN
    That is sooo pretty. ALMOST to pretty to eat! Almost. I have never even had lamb.

3. spook

spook Chillin' With My Peeps

Nice job! I would try it and I don't care for lamb. I bet everyone will be some happy to have a taste of that!

4. KattyKillFish

KattyKillFish Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 8, 2009
    Dillingham, Alaska
    [​IMG]

thanks alot, now im starving for meat!

5. nzpouter

nzpouter Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 19, 2009
    new zealand
    [​IMG]

6. Jena

Jena The Welsh Witch

Nov 2, 2008
    Cardiff
    Wonderful.

Lamb is superb meat with a wonderful flavour especially with rosemary.

You did good.

:thumbsupEnjoy it now.

7. eggchel

eggchel Overrun With Chickens Premium Member

Dec 26, 2006
    Both Coasts
    Yum. That looks really good. I cooked some lamb ribs last night. They tasted good but I had a really hard time trying to separate the ribs.
    Ive still got all the ram lambs legs in the freezer. When I cook one, I'll try the roasting bag idea.... thanks.

Lamb-burgers are my favorite.

8. MissPrissy

MissPrissy Overrun With Chickens Premium Member

May 7, 2007
    Forks, Virginia
    I have always liked lamb but it wasn't until I raised my own that I found I love lamb. The difference between homegrown and commercially raised is amazing. Your leg of lamb is beautiful.

9. Maidservant

Maidservant Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 20, 2008
    Norwich, Norfolk, UK
    Well, I bought two more pieces of lamb today. You'll be able to tell why I'm not worried about trying it!

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

I love being friends with the meat market manager!

Emily in NC

10. Indiana hens

Indiana hens Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 25, 2008
    Pendleton, Indiana
    Need to change your screen name from Maidservant to Thrifty Domestic Chef! [​IMG] I have never had lamb before! [​IMG] Wish I knew someone that could cook![​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by