So, who wants to see what I stayed up until 4:30 am cooking?

Maidservant

Songster
11 Years
Feb 20, 2008
Norwich, Norfolk, UK
My fiance is going to our LARP event this weekend, and they are having a feast where each person brings something to eat. I had an extra leg of lamb in the freezer that I needed to cook, so I did!

I sliced just through the fat layer and slivered some garlic to lay in the cuts. Then I put it into one of the roasting bags (I can't remember who makes them), poured a little lemon juice over it, sprinkled dry rosemary and ground black pepper over it, added just a hint of salt and roasted it at 400 degrees F for two hours. Checked the internal temp with a meat thermometer and it came out perfect! When I'm cooking lamb I try to aim for 170 degrees F as an internal temp. This was a bone in leg of lamb.

Here's a photo of it, I couldn't resist showing it off! And yes, shortly after this photo was taken, I took one of the ends off and proceded to enjoy my hard work!

IMG_2024.jpg

Enjoy!
Emily in NC

PS - I only paid about $8 for this 6 lb hunk of wonderful meat!

Wonderful.

Lamb is superb meat with a wonderful flavour especially with rosemary.

You did good.

:thumbsupEnjoy it now.

Yum. That looks really good. I cooked some lamb ribs last night. They tasted good but I had a really hard time trying to separate the ribs.
Ive still got all the ram lambs legs in the freezer. When I cook one, I'll try the roasting bag idea.... thanks.

Lamb-burgers are my favorite.

I have always liked lamb but it wasn't until I raised my own that I found I love lamb. The difference between homegrown and commercially raised is amazing. Your leg of lamb is beautiful.

Well, I bought two more pieces of lamb today. You'll be able to tell why I'm not worried about trying it!

IMG_2026.jpg

IMG_2025.jpg

I love being friends with the meat market manager!

Emily in NC

Back
Top Bottom