So worried...

No, she hasn't.
sad.png
Or if she has, I haven't seen her. The other three are still taking loooong walks...at feeding time this evening they were all missing, I called and called. They finally came back, just after dark. Came flying out of nowhere. I am not ready to say that Princess might not be coming back...I still think she is broody...but I sure can't find her.
hmm.png
We are having beautiful Indian Summer weather right now, but it is supposed to be coming to an end this weekend; Cold front expected to come in on Sunday with drenching rain....
sad.png

My males do that, not all the time, but when one of my hens start sitting if you watch them they usually know where the female is, and stay around her for a while, mine come home at night, but if it is an area where they can roost, some times they will stay around the hen, most the time when the hen just starts to lay they are together quite often, and when she starts to set, they do not stay around her after the first 4-5 days, guess they get tired and hungry and come home', hope you find her, they sure can hide well.

My males do that, not all the time, but when one of my hens start sitting if you watch them they usually know where the female is, and stay around her for a while, mine come home at night, but if it is an area where they can roost, some times they will stay around the hen, most the time when the hen just starts to lay they are together quite often, and when she starts to set, they do not stay around her after the first 4-5 days, guess they get tired and hungry and come home', hope you find her, they sure can hide well.

Thanks! That's good to know! Yeah, when he comes home in the morning he is looking for sunshine and I can just hear him saying, "wow,its' COLD out there! "

Thank you , I will. I wonder if she would answer if we went around the neighborhood playing peahen/ Peacock calls on the tape recorder? Probably not if she's broody,
but I'm thinking if she's just lost or something, she might answer. I could keep the others locked up in the barn so it doesn't create more problems...it worked before
when one of our cocks went missing, a few years ago. We found him that way. But my experience has been that the hens don't usually answer each other's calls, or those
of the cocks.

If you are gone in the daytime she may be coming up then, mine rarely came up before 9am and in the evening they would come up after 4pm but as I said before they only stay off the nest for a brief time.
Call blasting is not likely to get her to come but I bet your other peas with be looking for the trespasser .

If you are gone in the daytime she may be coming up then, mine rarely came up before 9am and in the evening they would come up after 4pm but as I said before they only stay off the nest for a brief time.
Call blasting is not likely to get her to come but I bet your other peas with be looking for the trespasser .

I know they would.
big_smile.png

Back
Top Bottom