So.....

Discussion in 'Ducks' started by Rainstorm, Oct 2, 2009.

1. Rainstorm

Rainstorm Chillin' With My Peeps

May 25, 2009
    Lake Placid FLorida
    ...I saw my Black magpie male courting with my blue magpie female.. Im not sure how old she is because I got her at a auction 2 months ago. She layed straight out on the water and started making that "eh eh eh" quacking sound for him. So shes old enough... But when am I gonna start to see some eggs???
    and will she set them?

2. classroomducks

classroomducks Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 19, 2009
    Fort Worth, Tx
    [​IMG]:lau

I have never seen ducks mate or seen the courting thing...but i had this visual...that was pretty funny.

3. Goat_Walker

Goat_Walker I Am THE Crazy Duck Lady

Jul 9, 2008
    Maryland
    AWWW!!! I love my female magpie, I wish I could find a male for her [​IMG] Not sure when you will be seeing eggs .... how old did she SEEM when you gto her fromt he auction? My magpie was the first and earliest to lay out of my ducks ( not including buffs ). SHe laid at about.... 17 weeks? I mean it was SUPER early.

4. rainplace

rainplace Interstellar Duck Academy

My all my girls are doing "the come get me" thing. All 8 of them! But I have yet to see a single egg either [​IMG]

5. L0rraine

L0rraine Chillin' With My Peeps

May 20, 2009
    Whidbey Island
    Mine too [​IMG]

6. Goat_Walker

Goat_Walker I Am THE Crazy Duck Lady

Jul 9, 2008
    Maryland
    [​IMG] HAHA! My girls are good little stinkers.. I mean sweet hearts [​IMG] I have five laying [​IMG]

7. becky3086

becky3086 Crested Crazy

Oct 14, 2008
    Thomson, GA
    Usually isn't too long after they start mating that they begin laying.

8. Rainstorm

Rainstorm Chillin' With My Peeps

May 25, 2009
    Lake Placid FLorida
    Quote:LOL yeah, I was sitting there outside the pen watching them play in the water, My grown magpie male King was on the opisite side of the pen, She stretched out in the water and starts making that sound and good lord I never seen a duck run that fast LOL! he practically flew from one side to the other and im just sitting there like [​IMG]

and goat_walker im not really sure, if id guess though she might be about the same age as my ducks I got from TSC back in march

Last edited: Oct 2, 2009

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by