Soap Makers Help!

hi yall! ok... now with that said
smack.gif
me if I am way off here but I just saw this add in craigslist for leftover cooking oil on craigslist and thought maybe someone in this area would like to recycle this into soap?

Maybe it is gross? I don't know, but oil can be cleaned right? well..... anyway. here is the thread

http://dallas.craigslist.org/ndf/zip/1629109593.html

Your welcome, I somehow thought it might not be the quality oil yall use but I figured it was worth a shot.
I would like to make soap sometime so I have read not all of but alot of this thread and I want to say that the pictures of the soap yall have posted here are amazing.

I just think the world of your craft!
thumbsup.gif

Beautiful soap Shelly!
thumbsup.gif

I saw the pic a few pages back.
I'm trying to get back into the swing of things. So I'll be trying to hang out here a bit more.

Last edited:
Quote:
Thanks! It was a fun soap to make, too.

It's good to *see* you around here. It's funny that I know more about your current soapmaking from FB than from here! Ha! Post some pix when you get a chance.

I thought I would pop in and see how everyone is doing. Things are doing ok at the Renfaire. Good enough that I have had to restock a few scents, but not quite as well as I had hoped. But I have what I invested back now, and word is getting out so I hope the following weekends will be good. I will say that it is much harder work than doing the small one day shows. The tent is one reason. We have to set it up and break it down each weekend and that takes a while. And we have to walk every thing about 1/2 mile to the car. Takes 3 trips, because they won't open the gates till 9 now and we are not waiting in the dark that long. I feel like this show is a LOT of effort for a soso return. However, I have already had people contact me who want to reorder, so I have hopes that this will pay off in other ways.

I'm getting new labels made. A friend of mine at the farmers market designed them and I can'twait to get them done and show you! I'm trying to move the biz to the next level.

I LOVE my new car! In case you didn't know, I got a new Jetta wagon TDI (diesel) and we love it! Only down side is we can't fit the 6ft tables in there, but my folding ones are fine. And the gas milage is great. I went 540 miles and only had to put 13.2 gals in it.

I've got to order some more lavender and lemongrass and maybe patch eo's. And more muslin bags and some fo's from TSW and then more coconut oil from columbus foods. I have maybe 15 pounds left and I want to make sure that I have enough stock for the 2 shows I have in April and the farmers market.

Oh, did I tell you about the beer soap I made? I used beer as 100% of the liquid and scented it with Lime, Grapefruit, Litsea, Orange Black Pepper and Patch eo's. The soap is a pale cream color, I expected it to be dark or else I would have put yellow and green swirls in it. I have plans to make another beer soap and leave it unscented and add honey and oatmeal to it. Oh and heads up, if you make a beer soap, please mix it in you sink! I had let the beer sit out for what I thought was enough time to go flat (2 days) but went a head and mixed in the sink. I was having to go very slowly, mix a couple teaspoons and then stir for while, mix a couple of tsp, stir. Well one time I must have put in too much because it foamed up and was like a 1/4inch from coming out of my pitcher. scared the snot out of me!

Ok I think that is it. I can't wait to hear what all yo guys are doing.

We got it made at our farmers market. No fees whatsoever, no other soapmakers there, they supply the tents and tables free and even set them up for you.
I made some of MMS's Apricot Freesia last Sunday. I think it's my new fave. Smells good, soaps like a dream, and it's cheaper than most other MMS FOs. Now if it will sell good...

Nice! Have you started selling there yet? I bet you will do great!

How did you color your apricot freesia? That is a really nice scent.

Back
Top Bottom