Soap makers

Oh how lovely!!! You are doing wonderful!!!!! Your pictures are coming out beautiful! In my personal opinion, trial and error is the best way to teach yourself. Trying different apertures , shutter speeds, lighting, etc.

The Harp!!! that is also fantastic! My husband is a music teacher so there are always new instruments in my life! I love it! I bet the harp is very calming even while learning to play.

Great timing to start this thread_) I just made my first batch of hp oatmeal honey soap coconut and lard, cumber borage cp sunflower and lard, and also make my own body butter and sugar scrubs. Can't wait to try the different vegetables and herbs in my soap just need to get good basic recipe down first.

Hi Vikki! @Wise Woman
  me and a good friend of mine are interested in getting into the soap making / B&B hobby turned business! any advice? 

To all: what is your favorite type of soap to make?! 

I make cold-process soap and shampoo bars and have done so off and on for the last 12 years or so; however, the last couple of years have been super hectic, so I haven't had much time to make even the most basic soaps. I started with a very brief stint into melt-and-pour, but the inner chemist/from-scratch-cook wasn't satisfied with the experience and end product. I tend to gravitate toward essential oils and lots of interesting add-ins. I never can seem to make the same recipe more than a few times before ADD kicks in!

This website has a great recipe for fun cold process soap. You can also buy it.
Look for the recipe under the owners posts. I do not own this website.
Sudsysoapery.com

Just bumping this thread to see if there are any soap makers still on here. I'm doing some research and would love to ask some questions and here any sage advice. Thanks!

Back
Top Bottom