Soft bubble-like spot on full grown ducks Bill

thedoors5to1

Songster
10 Years
Jun 12, 2009
my grey runner has developed a soft bubble-like spot on her beak, its almost like a blister and the first and only time i touched it she pulled away from me which is not normal... my only explaination for this is possibly an infection under the bill? possibly from when she was in a tiff with one of my dogs... she was my only duck who hatched this year and grew up thinking she was human and dog. often she chases my dogs and if she doesnt stop pecking my dog usually gives her a nip.
she has no phsyical cuts and or injuries on her, or her beak. when she had been bit, there was a minor cut to her beak, i cleaned it out and applied bacitracin to it daily. its healed fine and there are no physical scars from it, but further down towards the end of her bill is the bubble on one side..
any thoughts on this would be greatly appreciated, as i've never seen this or heard of it.. thanks

Last edited:
anyone please? i tried searching google, not much came up but a few pages i didnt feel were really reliable. it said a soft bubble on the beak meant a cold had developed and caused the beak to do that. it requires to be drained.. but its not as big as it was.

either way im calling my vet tommorow. but if anyone could just let me know! thanks

Hey, Did you ever figure out what is was??? I goggled that today because i noticed my Pekin had it in two spots, what causes it? What is it? how do I treat it??

Thanks
J

Any updates? My pekin has it. Almost feels like a blister, soft, and has a greenish color under...

Id like to know to. I red that it could be infection from an injury that needs to be drained, but it was only one page I found and want to be sure before I try anything.

Back
Top Bottom