Soft egg, normal egg, no egg problems

sorry to hear that she is still having issues. I have a Polish that has similar issues, minus the no egg--she will have soft, then hard, then soft, then hard. Sometimes I think they just have reproductive issues like people can

How long have you had her and what do you do to help minimize her suffering ? Shes my little girl so i am going to do whatever i have to in order to make her life as comfortable as possible.

I guess i should also mention that for most of her life shes 2 years old she has been a consistent layer giving an egg everyday without exception. It has only been since may that shes having funky problems.

She is 1.5 yrs old and I have had her since she was 12 weeks, egg issues started after this winter-she didn't lay at all last winter. I try and give her as much extra calcium as I can (cal glu like you and calcium supplements in yogurt) in addition to offering oyster shells at all time and extra yummy protein a couple times a week.

Yes I am thinking about taking her to the vet very soon and if they say it is just some kind of reproductive issue i would be fine to do that. I would prefer for her to be healthy over having eggs. I just cant stop wondering if the two chickens that live in the house with her having scaly leg mites could be part of the problem too. I might de-worm but i am not sure what to use but i am going to research that as well and try it in a week or two when their molt seems to be nearing closure.

So took her today and its not good news. She had fluid in her abdomen and the doctor said i should go to a hospital instead to consider surgery. If he drained the fluid it would just be a bandaid on the problem and it would most likely come back. I am most likely going to spay her so that she does not have this problem anymore. They said they see it very frequently in girl birds but its unusually in a girl as young as mine around 2 and a half years old. Just sucks because he wasnt able to give me any more info without additional tests which he recommended i get done at a surgery facility since they will just redo them all at a surgery facility.

I am thinking about it and may not even spay her I want to do as many other things as possible because it seems like spaying isn’t that common and can cause other issues.

Back
Top Bottom