Soft egg, normal egg, no egg problems

Compostflower

Songster
May 11, 2021
Hello my little girl has been having some issues on and off since may with eggs. At first it was tail pumping and soft eggs. Then she was laying normally again. Then there were periods of no eggs and now soft again. I put her on antibiotics for a week, increased calcium, switched to a better food, and always have oyster shells for her on the side. This week she didn’t lay for multiple days and then had a soft egg she is also molting I feel I’ve tried everything and am going to schedule a vet appointment. In the meantime does anyone have any advice for what could be happening here. Also I have not tried deworming yet but she is a healthy weight and hasn’t changed weight so I don’t think it’s that.

Yep I am giving her cal glu when I see issues I gave it to her five days straight this week although she didn’t lay for a few days I figured it could have just been molting but wanted to boost her calcium. Also I started sprinkling a calcium suppliment on her oyster shells.

yeah you are so right she finally laid one today but it was a soft egg and came out kind of smashed. I gave her some cal glu right away. Do you think it’s worth trying to de worm?

Just chiming in I'm having similar problems with my Buff girl. She had some soft shell problems about a month or two ago, it cleared up, now we're having some again. Good diet, same as you just about, giving her calcium gluc but it hasn't cleared up yet. She just started her molt and is losing her soft little feathers (usually the first ones to go). I also can't confirm but she seems a just a tiny little bit more sleepy than usual.

For anyone still interested in this thread she is still having issues. I was going to wait until after the molt then de-worm but i am considering just taking her to the vet at this point. I will keep an update on the issue. I have been giving her cal glu every single day with vitamin k and vitamin d. She is going days without an egg and then soft eggs.

Back
Top Bottom