Soft egg on poop board

Annalyse

Crowing
Mar 24, 2020
New Jersey
This morning I was cleaning out the poop on the poop board and one of the hens must have lasted a soft egg up there. I only got 2 eggs yesterday from one of my plymouths (I have 2) and the other my silkie. I have 6 hens in total. I'm not worried because there only a year old. Unless I should worry? Idk

Attachments

• 20210617_081239.jpg
    20210617_081239.jpg
    460.6 KB · Views: 4
  • 20210617_081249.jpg
    20210617_081249.jpg
    571.2 KB · Views: 2
If they get plenty of calcium (layer pellet, oyster shell etc.), then she could have just laid a freak egg or something stressed her and that’s why it’s soft. If it persists, you might have a parasite issue (check for mites/lice). I had some girls laying soft eggs/not laying and I concluded it was roundworms ( :sick ). I just finished treating them so hopefully it did the trick:fl.

If they get plenty of calcium (layer pellet, oyster shell etc.), then she could have just laid a freak egg or something stressed her and that’s why it’s soft. If it persists, you might have a parasite issue (check for mites/lice). I had some girls laying soft eggs/not laying and I concluded it was roundworms ( :sick ). I just finished treating them so hopefully it did the trick:fl.
Hopefully it doesnt continue they seem fine and havent had any signs of bugs

Back
Top Bottom