Solar Eclipse 2024 Coming April 8th!

Are you traveling to see it?

• Total voters
Pics
am just messing with you :D
Yah, yah. Everybody's a weimaraner.

1712550708989.png

Oops, I mean, a weisenheimer..... :lau

I made the decision to travel to see the eclipse this afternoon. The northern edge of the totality is SO close! Like, we drive there all the time to go to Menard's. Im kidnapping my 70yo mother and bringing her along for the adventure. I just hope I can get back home in time to make the vet appointment that evening (but if not husband, who can't come because he has to work, will take the dog to the vet.)

But even more exciting is that tomorrow is the day the hatchery will set my eggs to hatch!

But seriously, @bill3607, with the glasses, - and without them during totality - you see the sun as you can never see it at any other time. The corona, the "diamond ring effect," are all just breathtaking! If you're "not impressed," you're not experiencing it at all.
I am sorry, but it is just the moon getting in the way for a little while. It just doesn't excite me at all. I would never travel just to see that for certain. Most people are going to get disappointed by cloud cover, too. But, if they have a good time with family and friends, or whatever, then that is great. We humans have a way of making things bigger than what they are to give ourselves a bit of a buzz. I appreciate that. And, I appreciate natures beauty. This one is overrated to me, though.

I am sorry, but it is just the moon getting in the way for a little while. It just doesn't excite me at all. I would never travel just to see that for certain. Most people are going to get disappointed by cloud cover, too. But, if they have a good time with family and friends, or whatever, then that is great. We humans have a way of making things bigger than what they are to give ourselves a bit of a buzz. I appreciate that. And, I appreciate natures beauty. This one is overrated to me, though.
Not to damper anyone’s mood but you’re definitely right about cloud cover. Here, we have a 50-70% chance of that happening and an 83% partial view of the actual eclipse from approximately 12-2PM. Honestly, I don’t find it anything to get excited about unless I was an astronaut living in space but like most people…I will be working lol

I think northern VT is going to be one of the only places clear enough in the whole country and it would be close enough for me to travel to if I could but I’m not. My brother almost did but decided it would be too wild lol there’s really good skiing too cause they just got like two feet of snow 🤣

I am in the midwest and am going to pick up some free solar eclipse glasses at my local library today!!!! Last year there was a solar eclipse but in my area we couldn't see it. I made a solar eclipse viewing box, it is a great alternative to viewing glasses.
I'm going to warn you, library might be out of glasses. Last eclipse we waited for a hour to get some and they ran out shortly after we all got ours.

Back
Top Bottom