Solar Powered waterer????

There is a recent thread about solar powered birdwaterer and someone mentioned a solor powered waterer like the onein the link....May or may not be the same. You have to use the ones you refer to outdoors and it has to get enough sun to work. I am not sure how well they work. I would not get one for WI winters though

I'm thinking of getting one and trying it. I'd actually need quite a few. I dread winter and breaking ice, however there is only about a month that I have to worry with here. I have heard alot of people talkin "this is goin to be a bad winter" so I may need something. I work durin the day and I'm only able to get them water of a morning, its usually dark when I get home so unless they wake up and come out they dont get a drink in the afternoon.

It may be worth a try with your less severe winters...I still have to figure something out for my small flock. Would really prefer not having to install electric to the shed........

Quote:
My biggest thing is I have about 10-15 separate pens. It only holds a quart so in some of my bigger pens I'd have to have 2 or 3. Most only have a pair or a trio in them, but I have pens that I keep all the ones I've raised to sale . It could get expensive for me, but I like the thought of not worryin with water, If the even work.

Quote:
My biggest thing is I have about 10-15 separate pens. It only holds a quart so in some of my bigger pens I'd have to have 2 or 3. Most only have a pair or a trio in them, but I have pens that I keep all the ones I've raised to sale . It could get expensive for me, but I like the thought of not worryin with water, If they even work.

Back
Top Bottom