Sold by hatchery as Ameraucana

Yeah those are Easter Eggers. Unfortunately a lot of hatcheries and feed stores do this.
Yeah I know but one can hope. Look at this beautiful bird but she's an olive egger. Yes these were taken today Maine weather is unpredictable

Attachments

• 20230401_121321.jpg
    20230401_121321.jpg
    530.7 KB · Views: 2
  • 20230401_121308.jpg
    20230401_121308.jpg
    362.1 KB · Views: 2
View attachment 3451449I don't think so. What do you think?
View attachment 3451449I don't think so. What do you think?
Probably EE's but several questions. Did they spell it AmerAUcana or AmerIcana? The first should be the breed while the second are EE's. Which hatchery did they come from? Several hatcheries do now carry true Ameraucanas while the others have only EE's labeled Americanas. How much did you pay for them? If they are true Ameraucanas they should have been priced higher than the EE's.
That said, I have and have had both Ameraucanas and EE's and I absolutely love my EE's. They lay some of the most beautiful blue eggs I have gotten and they lay a goodly number.
And when I do breed and hatch my own, I breed for egg color and number.

Probably EE's but several questions. Did they spell it AmerAUcana or AmerIcana? The first should be the breed while the second are EE's. Which hatchery did they come from? Several hatcheries do now carry true Ameraucanas while the others have only EE's labeled Americanas. How much did you pay for them? If they are true Ameraucanas they should have been priced higher than the EE's.
That said, I have and have had both Ameraucanas and EE's and I absolutely love my EE's. They lay some of the most beautiful blue eggs I have gotten and they lay a goodly number.
And when I do breed and hatch my own, I breed for egg color and number.
They are EE. I do currently have EE but none lay blue eggs just green so basically olive eggers. She lays dark green eggs.

Attachments

• 20230401_121321.jpg
    20230401_121321.jpg
    530.7 KB · Views: 2

Back
Top Bottom