sold some of my meaties

momofchicks

Songster
11 Years
Apr 23, 2008
Kentucky
Just by word of mouth I have sold 11 of my Cornish X meat birds. I got $145 for them which is about $13 a piece. I have a few people still wanting some, this will cover my whole processing fees.
wee.gif

If this is what the processor charges, what about feed ,housing, rent, labor, ecectricity, gas, etc., costs?

I am sure she must have taken that cost into consideration and this 'extra' paid her the cash to get all her birds processed, thats probbly how I would have said it is I weren't so greedy as to keep all my birds!
gig.gif
.... I hope!

Quote:
i'm guessing she is having more than 11 birds processed, yet the sale of these covered the processing for ALL the birds.

CONGRATULATIONS!!!!!!!! keep up the great work! Not only are you helping with some of your costs, you are putting a good meal in people's bellies!
droolin.gif
D.gif

Okay, we processed 47 birds at $162 the total food and processing and such was $10.21 per bird. The processor puts a label on the bird with the amount per pound that I chose and the weight plus the total cost. I put $2.99 per pound, most birds were over $15, however, if the person bought more than 1 bird I dropped a few bucks off, therefore giving me a rough average of about $13 a bird. I didn't raise the birds to sale I actually raised them for our family to eat, however, by word of mouth people have approached us asking to buy some. So I am thrilled to make back the money that it cost to process all our birds. At the most, we will only sale 17 birds and leave us 30 for the year to eat.

Back
Top Bottom