1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

SOLD!

Discussion in 'Buy Sell Auction - Archives' started by sarahloveschickens, Feb 8, 2009.

1. sarahloveschickens

sarahloveschickens Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 26, 2008
    Poconos, PA
    I have two silkies for sale that are both pet quality.. I am 90% sure they are girls, I checked there wings when they were 2 days old and that showed they were female. I have a pure partrige that is 10 weeks old.. and I have a mixed colored bearded silkie that is 7 weeks old.. She is more of a redish color. I am asking $6 for each for them. Let me know if you are interested. Heres some pics.

Partrige Hen
    [​IMG]

Mixed Colored ( more redish )
    [​IMG]

[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

Last edited: Feb 10, 2009
  2. SundownWaterfowl

SundownWaterfowl Overrun With Chickens

Just to let you know, silkies cant be feather sexed. Only certain breeds can, and it is bred into those certain breeds.

3. mahen8622

mahen8622 Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 19, 2009
    KY
    im veeery interested in the silkies can u ship message me with details please!

4. sarahloveschickens

Oct 26, 2008
    Poconos, PA
    Quote:Thank you for that information :] We also did another method of checking and that said they were females also.

5. LilPeeps

LilPeeps Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 13, 2007
    SE Mass
    Quote:Thank you for that information :] We also did another method of checking and that said they were females also.

What method? The only method to know 100% at that age is DNA sexing.

6. SundownWaterfowl

SundownWaterfowl Overrun With Chickens

What method? The only method to know 100% at that age is DNA sexing.

Im wondering also. The only way to know for sure is when it crows, or lays an egg. All these methods of using a piece of hair and a ring and watching how the ring swings, holding them on their back and if they fight its a roo, etc. Those dont work. Im not trying to be a smart alleck or anything, I just wanted to let you know. [​IMG]

Last edited: Feb 8, 2009
  7. JesusSavedMe

JesusSavedMe Out Of The Brooder

Feb 3, 2009
    Earth
    can you ship

8. sarahloveschickens

Oct 26, 2008
    Poconos, PA

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by