Solid Cherry Incubator & Hatcher Photos

would love to know how you did the heating and fan and water. The placement also what kind of therm. did you use. At the bottom is that a hatching place also? If so how do you keep the heat down there.
Sorry Husband said he'd build me one as long as I know how to do it and what to get for it.

Thanks again for you kind comments. I hadn't considered making them for sale. I'm currently out of cherry but I have a stash of Black Walnut that really makes up nicely.
I used the preset electronic thermostat from GQF on the cabinet. If you haven't converted yet, I can heartily recommend it! It's totally unaffected by changes in barometric pressure and holds temp beautifully. There are switches inside allowing you to tweak its temp setting, I was concerned about using one until I verified that I could slightly adjust in the future if needed. Mine operates dead on straight out of the box.
The tabletop is also the pre-set electronic thermostat, fan forced unit. I had to adjust it by one switch to achieve the hatching temp I like. Since then, absolutely no adjustment has been necessary. No more wafers!
The cabinet currently has 3 drawers, but it's sized for five. I have the other 2 & the stainless drawer runners, but haven't gotten around to putting them in yet. I chose to size for the readily available turners used in tabletops rather than the GQF turner mechanism as it gives me more flexibilty of use. I can use turners on all drawers, or only a few drawers & and turn more or larger eggs by hand in the others. If a turner breaks, I just run by TSC & pick up another.

Zgoatlady, the thermostat info is in my post where you & I posted at the same time. There's an air plenum at the back of the cabinet. The fan draws air up this plenum from the bottom of the cabinet, blows it across the heating element & out only to be drawn down to the bottom again. Obciously the fan runs constantly & the heat only when called for by the thermostat. Feel free to ask any other questions.

One more advantage to building the cabinet incubator using tabletop turners instead of GQF turning mechanism is if I happen upon larger eggs, I can merely take out a turner & use the drawer. I'm setting these for a good friend whose bator was full. I'll have to hand turn, but that's not really a problem for me. That's an EE egg for size comparison.

Incubators.jpg

Last edited:
Thats a very nice looking bater you got there! I bet you could make a profit selling those out, they are much more attractive than theother cabinet incubators that you can buy.
smile.png

Back
Top Bottom