1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

some chick issues.

Discussion in 'What Breed Or Gender is This?' started by shadowsgrneyes, Mar 1, 2016.

1. shadowsgrneyes

shadowsgrneyes New Egg

Mar 1, 2016
    Okay i got these chicks from the local farm store. they are probably hatchery chicks. I have some concerns.

First my brahma, this bird was sold to me as a LIGHT brahma. . . will she get more white as the feathers come in or was i maybe sold a different coloration of brahma?

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

second issue. . .
    these two easter eggers are the same age. . . is it possible that i somehow got a bantam? the one is sooo tiny compared to the other. . . . [​IMG]

advice? hints? general discussion?

2. pogmobum

pogmobum Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 28, 2013
    Ireland
    Tried to post a pic there but it doesn't seem to be working but basically it was a light bramah chick that looks exactly like urs so they must get lighter iv never kept them myself [​IMG] also u can get some chicks that are just smaller but the difference in urs is pretty significant so I wud guess bantam aswell

3. Rhodebar Lover

Rhodebar Lover Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 5, 2015
    Up North
    I would be expecting more white at this age, but it does look like a Light Brahma. It might just be a poor quality, hatchery Brahma. Since Easter Eggers are just a mixed breed that lays colored eggs, there is often some variety in sizes. :)

4. drumstick diva

drumstick diva Still crazy after all these years. Premium Member

Aug 26, 2009
    Out to pasture

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by