Some duck love help needed

bhollon231

In the Brooder
Jun 4, 2020
I had a 1 year old Peking Duck an Rouen duck. They have grown up together. 2 days ago my Rouen duck died due to a blockage. I already had younger Ducks 3 months old in the same pen. But now that Hazel has died Madeline chases around all the younger ducks aggressively. She doesn't hurt them but chases them. When Hazel was alive they were all open to each other in the same pen. But Madeleine would not let anyone get near her and hazel but she never chase them now she's chasing them everywhere. I'm not sure if she's running around looking for hazel. I don't want her to be lonely I want her to make a new friend but I need an idea of how to help them get along. She has claimed one side of the pen where her and Hazel used to lay their eggs. Madeleine lays her eggs there still but keeps all the other Ducks away from that side of the pen. Any ideas it's to help her bond with the younger. It's sad to see her off by herself and the other ducks all hanging together.

Split the pen and let them live side by side for a while. With just losing her main flock buddy she is grieving and making the younger ducklings lives miserable. So let them live side by side for a while and once the younger ones are more her size and she is over losing her buddy try again putting them together. Very sorry for your loss.

Split the pen and let them live side by side for a while. With just losing her main flock buddy she is grieving and making the younger ducklings lives miserable. So let them live side by side for a while and once the younger ones are more her size and she is over losing her buddy try again putting them together. Very sorry for your loss.
ok I will try that

Back
Top Bottom