Some Feedback Please on These Design Upgrades

Ahh, I see a new concept for a reality show. Rat busters. Howard E. would be our host and babe magnet for the show.

Chick magnet maybe........as long as I've got treats like sunflower seeds.

I can also walk on water.......have done so many times. But these days I like it to be frozen at least 4 inches thick before I'll risk it.

do you have one that holds 2-3 bushels?

Hello, a bushel is about eight gallons of feed, a gallon of pellets ought to be around 5 or 6 pounds. We have an extra large feeder that holds 63 pounds, about two bushels approximate.

That said, you would be better off with several feeders than one large feeder holding three times the normal feed.

Several reasons, first is the amount of birds that could feed at one time would be around three or four on the extra large feeder, two or three on the medium feeder. Three medium feeders would feed nine to twelve birds at a time versus three or four at a time.

With multiple feeders one feeder would usually be not being used at any given time, reducing competition for feed.

In the very, very, very, rare instance of a feed blockage or mechanical failure (wire link breaks, the birds could and would just push the door open) having multiple feeders would provide back up feed.

The only reason I would see to store this much feed is if you have limited floor space but even then you wouldn't have that many chickens in a coop that you would need so much feed stored. A medium feeder has about 100 days of feed for one chicken, ten days for ten chickens. Thirty days of feed for ten chickens with three medium feeders. Ten days for thirty chickens.

Back
Top Bottom