Some new pictures of my feathered kids playing in the yard PIC HEAVY*

chicken_china_mom

Crazy for Cochins
10 Years
Apr 24, 2009
Tab, Indiana
Here are some recent pics of my birds in the yard. I have several that actually come running now if they see me with the camera. They like getting their picture taken!

Here is the Alpha roo, my Bantam Barred Cochin Buddy:

29191_dolls_and_ty_stuff_to_sell_036.jpg

Here is my Bantam White Cochin roo Elvis. He's still the new guy, so he's low man on the totem pole:

29191_dolls_and_ty_stuff_to_sell_037.jpg

Here is my oh so handsome Bantam Splash Cochin roo Abner:

29191_dolls_and_ty_stuff_to_sell_030.jpg

Here is one of my Bantam Buff Orpington roos:

29191_dolls_and_ty_stuff_to_sell_057.jpg

Here is one of my pretty Aracauna hens:

29191_dolls_and_ty_stuff_to_sell_058.jpg

This is one of my two Amber Sexlink girls. According to her coloring, she was suppose to be a roo. But she didn't crow, and then she started the egg song. She now lays me some nice, BIG eggs. Her name is Poachy. My 10 yr old DD named her. Here Sexlink sister is Omelet:

29191_dolls_and_ty_stuff_to_sell_026.jpg

Here is my disabled baby Hailey. She is 6 weeks old but can't be put out in the coop with the other birds because she can't maintain her balance. We're not sure exactly what happened. But now that's she's inside the house she has won over everyone's hearts. She is affectionate. I know now that I will be keeping Bantam Buff Orpingtons as long as I keep chickens:

29191_sept_24_2009_pictures_of_the_kittens_and_abby_025.jpg

This is my little bitty Mille Fleur d'Uccle hen Millie. She is my next to smallest chicken and lays the tiniest little eggs:

29191_sept_18_2009_038.jpg

Here are a few of my birds, including Jersey the Black Australorp, and my ducks, Jesse and Marion:

29191_sept_18_2009_116.jpg

And I just love this picture because it shows the size difference between one black and white girl, and another. This is one of my SLW girls standing next to my little Black Mottled Cochin hen Pebbles. My beautiful ladies:

29191_sept_18_2009_065.jpg

Hope you like my pics! I love going out with the camera and getting new pics! Can't wait til the Spring and there are cute fuzzy chicks to photograph!
big_smile.png

Edited for spelling

Last edited:
Thank you. When they first started feathering out, they had the worst lacing, but as time has gone on three of them have developed nice lacing, and the fourth has developed nice lacing, but she has a lot of white on her chest, and a white fluffy butt whereas the other girls all have black fluffy butts. But I love their personalities, One girl has excellent lacing and my younger daughter plans to take her to the 4-H fair in the Spring. Here is the girl she plans to take to show in the Spring:

29191_flock_of_chickens_sept_8_2009_118.jpg

Back
Top Bottom