Some people!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Chickenberry

Songster
9 Years
Oct 1, 2010
SE OK ~ Farris/Antlers
I am farily new here. So, when I see someone I think I may have something in common with, or who seems to be friendly I may send them a PM. Well, I did this and was blasted back with a response that surprised me.

Have you ever PM'd someone out of kindness and friendship and had them turn on you and be rude??

My question is (no, I'm not just posting this to get attention, I have a question) what do you do when something like this happens? Do you just not repond? Do you go on PM'ing that person to find out why they are so angry/hard? Do you just let them go? Do you just ignore them?

I've always heard that rudness is the weak man's imitation of strength.

It is possible that they misunderstood you, or you misunderstood them.

It is possible that they are just a miserable old crankypants that enjoys being nasty to innocent bystanders.

I am unable to let anything go, so I would probably shoot a message back asking if I did anything to offend and telling the person to have a great day.

Just as in life, there are rude people who frequent this forum. When you encounter one of them just ignore them and move on. These people thrive on eliciting a response. Ignoring them is the greatest punishment.
lol.png
I have upon occassion asked such people to no longer respond to any of my posts, and have promised to never respond to theirs. It's just a fact of life. "Not nice" people exist.

As you're on the forum more and more the number grows.
roll.png

I've considered leaving a couple times before, but instead I just removed myself from some threads.

Quote:
That is what I would do, I can't seem to just let things go.

Quote:
I have considered leaving-infact chicken berry and I talked a bit about it. But I am still here nevertheless. I am just going to try not to post as much and not on things that I disagree with.

It is fine to send a message. But if you are not replied to with encouragement (or not replied to at all), you have your answer.

If someone doesn't want to be bothered and you continue to send them messages, that is just as rude. I suggest you just drop it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom