Some pointy questions about Cream legbars

Aequacheek

Chirping
May 3, 2019
So I am currently researching for my next addition to the backyard coop, and we really like Cream Legbars but I read they do better free ranging. I have a coop with a small run but the chickens free range in the yard pretty much all day (we put them in the run when nobody's home, but there's 4 of us on opposing shifts so that doesn't happen a lot lol). The yard is mid-size suburban home, so maybe 2000-2500 square feet of space for them. This is NOT a manicured lawn yard, we have a rasberry patch, garden, goldfish pond, wildflower area for the pollinators, etc. In that situation would cream legbars be happy or is it still too small for them?

That sounds really nice for your chickens! I don't have cream legbars but 2500ft is a lot of space and if you get some they should be really happy. Good luck!

Oh I'm reassured then! I'm just never sure if what we do can be called 'Free ranging' because we don't have that much space compared to a lot of chicken owners I see

I don't let my cream legbar out of my run and she seems happy. Next Summer I would like to fence a medium sized area behind the coop and allow free range over the weekends maybe... tons of predators here... I might stick to my run which is 10sq per bird

Back
Top Bottom