Some Predator Pics

lol! RockRoadChick - I say the same thing all the time about the hawks here!

We had a hawk attack my favorite EE pullet a couple of weeks ago (thankfully, amazingly, she lived). I look out my window and I watch all the wild rabbits that are hopping around, trying to eat my garden and I constantly say, "why can't the hawks eat the dumb rabbits and leave my chickies alone?" My dogs have killed a couple of rabbits that were dumb enough to enter into their run area and I tell you what - they are heavy, healthy rabbits. A much better meal than my scrawny little baby chickens!

Same goes for the coyotes (we have lots) and foxes and eagles and owls, etc. EAT MORE WILD RABBITS!
smile.png
jumpy.gif
bun.gif

Last edited:
I have a strong dislike of possums.
At first when I saw the pic of the coyote I thought it was a mangy old mutant deer with a tail and paws! Then I read the post and thought, ''Ohhh, it's a mangy coyote, That explains why its in the 'Predators and pests' section of BYC...''

If that's not a coyote with mange, it's what we call a "wild" dog. I agree, we need an "eeewww" emoticon. Your pictures are the reason that I can't free-range my chickens. I even had to roof my pens.

Chanda

Back
Top Bottom