Some questions about geese.

Faizan Ali

Songster
May 7, 2021
I was thinking about getting geese for a long time and I think I might get some this summer. I do have some problems. The very first one is my labrador who likes to spend most of his time in the veranda and the lawn. I do have a cage built it's 8x13 (I think I measured it very long ago) they can't be in it all day long because of how much they poop. Its very unlikely for a gander to get along with a dog and my lab also likes to chase birds alot. Wht could be the solution to this? I have no predators in my area which can harm the geese. I do want the gander to be aggressive. Also would like to know how muchh space will they need.

From experience, They need a lot of grass, about 80% of their diet. I would make a fence to separate the geese and dog and make sure the dog can't get the geese. Since you have no predators in your area, the geese can forage on the lawn all day, as long as the dog is secure.

From experience, They need a lot of grass, about 80% of their diet. I would make a fence to separate the geese and dog and make sure the dog can't get the geese. Since you have no predators in your area, the geese can forage on the lawn all day, as long as the dog is secure.
Not worried about the grass part, our lawn is a mess all year to lazy to mow it. Well if I make a fence then my dog won't have access to the garden and will pee/poop. I'll try to train my dog if I get any geese if it doesn't work then Ill ask to get it fenced.

Back
Top Bottom