Some tragedy in the flock

I have dogs as well in close proximity to all the animals. They are a good deterrent. Again be sure he is trained and some are just too bird happy.
Oh absolutely. We have a lab who's basically adopted all our birds as his. We were so lucky to have gotten a dog like him, but despite that, I wouldn't trust to leave them together unattended.
Poor boy is scared of my two indoor pigeons though, after my spunky boy pecked his nose.
He's just such a big baby.
20230424_212029.jpg

Oh I absolutely agree with you, it depends on the cat. I'm just really not a fan of the way people in my town keep their cats, as someone who had primarily birds in and outside their home. They basically roam free and come home for food, as barn cats would. That'd be amazing and all, but we are in town.... not in the countryside.
Oh and I was considering a kiddie pool, but decided against it since I've wanted to build a small pond for ages anyways. I'm definitely making it more shallow than originally designed though, I'm not going through this heartbeak again. Right now, they have sort of a shallow storage container as a little 2-duck-at-a-time pool rather than the old one.
And thank you so much, I've felt like such a horrible bird mom after all this, it's just good to hear that I'm not alone ❤️
Oh absolutely. We have a lab who's basically adopted all our birds as his. We were so lucky to have gotten a dog like him, but despite that, I wouldn't trust to leave them together unattended.
Poor boy is scared of my two indoor pigeons though, after my spunky boy pecked his nose.
He's just such a big baby.View attachment 3482880
That’s good!

Back
Top Bottom