Some type of clip for tarps / chainlink?

GiddyMoon

Songster
8 Years
Apr 14, 2011
Tucson, AZ
Can anyone recommend a type of clip I can use on chainlink to add tarping for shade? Kind of like a giant chipbag clip with teeth and a way to securely keep it on the fence line? I was just cleaning my table after lunch and I buy those heavy duty vinyl tablecloths..well, after awhile I want a new one, but this would be great, and attractive, to find a way of clipping to the chain link to provide extra shade during our sun filled summers..then within a few weeks when the one on my table has snags and I want a new one, I simply bring that one outside..any ideas?

Sweet...I never even thought of that..maybe I didn't have enough protein with lunch.
roll.png
Harbor Freight is a very dangerous place to go. LOLOL

Hi Fellow Tucsonan. I've used bungee cords, those stretchy cords with the balls on them, zip ties, and believe it or not black binder clips from the office supply store. The elastic cords only lasted a season with our brutal sun. The zip ties a bit longer, but they eventually got brittle and broke. With the binder clips, I attached the tarp directly to the fence; just fold the tarp around one of the diagonal sides and clip it on. I got tired of all the clips and tarps wearing out and finally built a permanent roof over the run. Happy springtime in the desert:)

Quote:
Thank you! The table cloth won't have a "hole" for a bungee or anything to go thru...so I needed a clip that will stay on the fence, that can clip the tablecloth..thank you!!

I like the big binder clips from Office Max to secure things. I use them to hold the plastic sheeting on my cold frame, or to clip together temporary animal pens.

Back
Top Bottom